Shifting dilemma.....for a CX-cum-hack bike-cum-commuter....

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I've built up another one of my 'own' frames and received some SRAM X.0 gear at the last minute for my team with which replaced the brand new XT shifter and rear mech.

This means the XT stuff is now 'spare'. Those who have been paying me half-eyed attention as of late will know I'm preparing a bastardised CX build up with a cross of both retro and modern parts. I kinda had my heart set on getting some thumb shifters sorted, already have the Forge mounts ready for 'em. But as you can see I now have the 'spare' XT gubbins I can use instead, and I don't know what to do. The stem's a Ringle, bars are Pace (thanks to Chris for parting with them), and the thumbshifters I feel will 'fit' in more with the front end, but then I already have the XT stuff here......which is more than up for the job obviously.

On top of that I have a Thomson post ready to fit, yet feel a red Ringle Moby to match the stem would be better suited, and then there's the hunt for the right sized Moby, Meh!.....what a **** up eh?! Spending more money for equipment that is already 'here', so to speak! Especially when the moolah is hard enough to put down in the first place.....

"Arrrrrghhhhhhhh"

I know, it's a bit drama queeny, but what the hell, building bikes up is never straight forward! :evil:

Back