Cant get my Nikon D1x to register with my DELL XPS laptop ??

delboy009

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi peeps..

Can anyone help ??

I have a Nikon D1x I want recognised by my new laptop I recently bought! I dont have any software for it on disc but I used to have Nikon Transfer on my last laptop and that worked fine !!

Just downloaded Nikon Transfer as its free on many sites now (the older version) But when plugging in my D1x nothing happens ?? No plug and play here !! I have it connected via a firewire cable. D1x - 1394 serial bus port. Used to work fine on my last Dell laptop so confused as to what's different on this one !! Do I have to tell the computer somehow to turn the port on or something !??

Sorry im a bit pants when it comes to computers !! :? :?

Can anyone help ? Deperate to get a load of new photo's of my bike etc on the computer :D

Del

My XPS would not recongnise my mju recently, I think it's a thing to do with vista, because my old laptop with windows XP was fine... I got mine to recognise it though - it was a typical vista problem - it works but you have to do it slightly differently!!! I'll just try and link it up again to remember how I sorted it out....

Seems to work straight away now, sorry I can't be more helpful! Keep trying though, it took me about 20 minutes to sort mine out...

look for drivers from Nikon marked 'windows Vista' - seems a bit obvious but thats how I had to do it to match older gear to a new operating system.

rosstheboss":2imsy8ho said:
Seems to work straight away now, sorry I can't be more helpful! Keep trying though, it took me about 20 minutes to sort mine out...

Im running XP Pro though as I was very put off by Vista to be fair !!!

I tried the Nikon site for downloads etc ....

Tried Nikon Capture and Nikon Transfer which both supposively have the drivers but it just seems that my computer wont recognise when I plug the 1394 bus cable in !!! Everything else thus far plug and play has worked fine but all USB admitedly !!!!

Im at a right pickle with this one !!!! :cry:

Give Nikon technical support a call 0870 770 0232, if they'll do it ask to be out through to someone at NPS (Nikon Professional Services). They're very helpful.

Good luck.

Back