P7

Mark65

Retro Guru
Hi everyone
I have a orange P7 in purple which was one of the very 1st ones made from 94 i think without the chainstay bridge, it has 7 speed block with xt thumbshifters and a short cage rear mech all still working fine .
The frame has a few very light surface rust spots but no pits, I wonderd is it worth stripping and resparaying this frame at its age or will it be to nackered inside? i have piccys from wheni built it when i find them i will show them, bought it from a cycle shop in wash lane bury nr manchester, i forget the name, everything part from chain rings are early 90 spec, i had a £1400 zaskar race bike but it was ally and horrible to ride so i sold it, tha P7 was so comfy i could ride it all day.
What do u think is it to old to put back to its former glory? if not should it be painted its original colour and can i get the decals from orange for it still?.
Many thnx for your help here guys an girls and your experiance.

Mark
Merry xmas

coming on a retro forum you're not going to get anybody saying don't build it up :D

pics always help

Piccy

Here we are and yes that is a campag road chainset 42-52 there with 12-21 rear cassette 7 speed and short cage rear mech.

Attachments

• Save0003 (Small).JPG
    Save0003 (Small).JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 740
nice - ditch the mudguards though :?

definitely worth restoring. as to its internal condition, just give it a close inspection.

That was in 94 but its not a huge amount different atm, i used to love riding that bike and the welds were top notch im not sure if it was taiwan built back then?. Never been ridden off road as well. Mud guards were clip on in case of rain.
May put the xt v brakes on instead of cantis
I saw a quill to aheadset converter so may try that give me a better choice of stem, the stx headset is still going strong.
Mark

Back