The ultimate Q car?

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Just got this thing in the workshop this morning. No badges or spoilers. just looks like a Vauxhall.

3127392011_00388422f3.jpg

But under the bonnet......
:shock:

3127392015_ba75afb161_b.jpg

6.3 litre V8 with a Wipple two stage supercharger. 762BHP and 874lbs of torque! Man its quick :cool:

Defiant":f8g1zgwm said:
but still a dull car to look at,...

Personally prefer cars to be this way.

Dont look much, dont attract attention, but get you from A > B bloody quick :cool:

No way is that a Q car - its bleedin obvious that its a a holden V8 cos of the coupenessness and not resembling Vectra/ Omega etc.

A better sort of Q car that looks like a bog standard salloon with no sporty asperations:

Lancia 8.32

Audi RS4 (hmmm - maybe not)

Merc 300SEL 6.3

Passat W8

Carlton 2.6

BMW M5

legrandefromage":14hfotca said:

not with you there; the one i had was way wider then the "normal" S4 version.
Something like the the Benz E500 from the mid 90's

RS4 - yeah, a bit too obvious.

Merc E500 - abslolute spot on Q car. 4 doors and a feck off gurt big engine in something that looks just a little bit conservative.

Volvo T5 estate! The ultimate 90's Q car?

Pickle":o0mero12 said:
Defiant":o0mero12 said:
but still a dull car to look at,...

Personally prefer cars to be this way.

Dont look much, dont attract attention, but get you from A > B bloody quick :cool:

there are plenty cars which are not "in your face" and still quick,..
The Monaro, which is not for sale here in the Netherlands by the way, is not a beauty, it is a cross of 2 boring cars; A Vauxhall and a Honda Coupe,...not my cup of thea,..although i like the concept of wolf in cheeps clothes

legrandefromage":263vueo3 said:
Volvo T5 estate! The ultimate 90's Q car?

absolutely !,..trez cool,...
But you have to buy the black one to keep low profile,..the Yellow one is not (but is the coolest one)

I'll add the Merc 190 2.3/ 2.5 16v jobbies aswell as these Cosworth badged cars were almost as quick as a 500 SEC or a 560 SEC.

My personal almost 'Q' type was my 1989 560 SEL - the Merc badge at the front was like a gun sight, anything I chose to overtake was lined up, the button under the acclerator pedal was engaged and all hell broke loose as nearly 300 BHP decided it would just go through 1 back wheel.

Latest posts

Back