Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:43 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:24 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

" mmm wines nice but not as nice as coke or ribena "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:42 pm 
Retro Guru

But if you are buying a bottle of wine for someone who also has no clue, the one with the prettiest label is a good choice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:45 pm 
Retro Guru

Are the recommendations real or are they just what you want to flog off? I always wondered this in my local off licence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:58 pm 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master

retrojon wrote:
Are the recommendations real or are they just what you want to flog off? I always wondered this in my local off licence.

Are you challenging my integrity :lol:

Depends where you go I guess...some stores (Wine Rack/Thresher etc) have targets to sell certains products...or simply don't know that much in the first place and bullshit. I like my customers to return after receiving good advice...and they do. Word of mouth is a very strong marketing tool.

PS Buy your wine by the label by all means, it's your money...thats why Branded wines spend so much on marketing etc, and a good deal less on the actual wine. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:10 pm 
Retro Guru

Ah yes! I didn't mean you personally, I meant you as in people in the trade.

My Mrs likes German Riesling, can you recommend a bottle?
Unfortunately there are no quality off licences around here, so something available in Morrisons or Threshers! £10 budget.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:08 am 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master

retrojon wrote:
Ah yes! I didn't mean you personally, I meant you as in people in the trade.

My Mrs likes German Riesling, can you recommend a bottle?
Unfortunately there are no quality off licences around here, so something available in Morrisons or Threshers! £10 budget.

Mmm...had a quick look at their respective web-sites, couldn't get around the Morrison one, but I would guess they would be a better bet than the Threshers/Wine Rack/The Local group, whose range is dreadful...and expensive.

Oh, and good choice....German Reislings have to be the most under-rated wines... in the UK at least. Fantastic wines

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:15 am 
Retro Guru

Huntso wrote:
Quote:
I used to be a bus driver.......The least said about that job the better!

As a bus commuter for the last nine years the least said about bus drivers the better too

How can the first bus of the day that comes 4 miles along very quiet roads be late 95% of the time and no not every person can have the right money every time so you don't have to use your 40p float.

At least you didn't work with the public again, these ******s actually enjoy being ignorant miserable *******s

Hmm same could be said of passengers really :roll:

Worst passengers in reality,

Teenage kids,
Pensioners,
Drunks,
Whinging t**ts that take silly statistics on how late a bus can be, simple answer is dont blame the driver its not always his/her fault maybe its down to the depot who prepare the buses first thing in the morning, So maybe if you didn't moan at the driver he/she might be a bit more understanding with you and not just group you as one of the above.

Ref the 40p float thing, You know you're catching the bus so have the right money to start with and you won't have any problems. The driver has to provide the float out of his own pocket the company dont provide it, So i'm sure expecting him to find the right money every day to compensate for your incompetence must irritate him/her now times this by the 2-300 passengers and you can understand why the drivers think most passengers are................ :wink:

Now please learn from this and have the right money for once and make your drivers day just that bit more pleasant, infact why not push the boat out and smile and wish him/her a Merry Christmas :P

Simon, ExBusman 1993-1997 Never again will i drive one of those things

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:20 am 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master

Cardiff Bus Company have got around the 'change' issue very easily....they don't give change!
Might be just hearsay but I understand they make about a million extra a year. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:20 am 
East Midlands AEC
East Midlands AEC

Quote:
The driver has to provide the float out of his own pocket the company dont provide it
:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:25 am 
Retro Guru

Harryburgundy wrote:
Cardiff Bus Company have got around the 'change' issue very easily....they don't give change!
Might be just hearsay but I understand they make about a million extra a year. :lol:

Companies i worked for had a policy of let them pay and give them a receipt saying you couldn't give change, then the passenger would have to write in to the depot and they would then be sent a cheque reimbursing them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next