Another hecticish day in the wine trade

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well quite busy....but for fecks sake, they don't half come out of the woodwork this time of the year.......so many stupid requests for 70's/80's branded shite wine...Bulls Blood, La Flora Blanche....bla bla bla, could sell them something thats WAY better and cheaper, but....customer shakes head....no, its got to be that.....
Engaging my 'who gives a feck about customer service' head on for the next four days......and sending all such requests to my nearest rival who will have no such products either...is that mean?

Nah,
I work in sales too.
Im sick of people knowing better and ignoring advice from somebody who KNOWS what they are talking about.
I get folk "needing" small diesel engined cars so as they can get the £35 for a years road tax, I explain that even though the tax is cheaper, the car itself is a grand more than the petrol model and diesel itself is say 9pence a litre more too. so it will cost them £500 a year more to run it to save £100 on road tax. Screw them. If they wont listen and take advice thats free , let them pay the expensive way if they must have it! not your fault they are ignorant.
(my opinion anyway :LOL: )

GC

It tickles me (when I say 'tickle', I mean another small part of my soul winks out into the stygian blackness of oblivion) when folk come in, look around, and then ask for something plainly not on display!!

"Yes sir, of course we have one of them in the back- we just keep all the sh*t stuff out here on the shelves for people to look at..............."

For 15 years i worked in retail butchery,dont talk to me about Pr***'s coming in ,in droves asking for turkeys/pies/roasts one ore two days before the big Xmas/New Year event.
"sure",we keep large stock amounts of perishable stocks just in case of last minute customers,when we're closing for a week"
Or the ones that REALLY get me are those that ask for say,3 lamb or beef steaks or something,you pick out the best you can see in the cabinet[i've only ever worked in the top shops],they then make a face and query the look/quality saying"is that the best you've got"
WTF do you know about judging meat quality by eye,taken me years to learn .
Would you like me to cut down the entire carcass so you can pick what you think is the best :evil: :roll:
:evil:
---------------------------------------------------------------
A bit more respect is needed for Sales people of all Variety's

---------------------------------------------------------------
They forget ,although butchers don't put people in sausages and pies,doesn't mean we don't know how :twisted:

I used to be a bus driver.......The least said about that job the better!

Needless to say i have never worked with the public since :evil:

I work in sales, the number of stupid questions we get asked by so called 'professionals' in the trade. Really frustrating.

My experience of Hospitality is that its not the average customer you need to watch out for (Im sure everyone finds that you need very little knowledge to know more than 95% of the population in a ny given area of 'expertise') but its the 'experienced managers', teachers/lecturers (who havent worked in the Industry for 15+ years) and my personal favourite, the 'my son/daughter/step-niece used to work as a waiter/KP/housekeeper when they were at University/college/in prison so I know what Im talking about' people. Gits.

Apologies, I realised I did 'this' a lot.

anyone who works/has worked in a bike shop will know this one....

customer: i need a bike to ride 2 miles to the station once a week.

sales persion: ok i recommend a fully rigid, simple as possible bike , and spend as much as you can on a lock.

customer: no i want a full suspension bike , with twin disc brakes for less than £100. oh and a £4.99 lock. :x :x :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Naw, the vast majority that know what they want, can ask intelligent questions, cause no hassle and buy stuff pay yer wages...........the whingers and f*ckwitts, however, we deal with on a non-profit basis. :p

Back