am i wrong

cannondale king

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
for not like some people near me that are always smug and showing off (well one does and the other just follow him) they are always really nice to me and invite me training with them and to water polo (i ony like swiming lenghts in the pool as im a bad swimmer) and they always stop and chat bu they are still smug with everything they do :? :? am i wrong

There are always people like this (I don't think I'm one of them ;) ) and in fact there seem to be a lot around here where I live now. I just do what I do and accept the fact that there will always be people who try to rub my nose in it because I don't have some prestigious job in some financial institution or something and I drive around in 25 and 15 year old cars.
They go on about their pension plans and all that stuff and their new BMW's - let them I say. I (and I'm sure you too mate) have done more in my life than most of them ever will, and anyway, live your life and let them all get on with it around you.

As long as the people that are important to you think that you are a good person - well, that's all that matters.

Sounds to me that they are very insecure and have to keep impressing you about have great they are.

Having been to some unpleasant places in life, the only thing I can say is that having a new car on the drive won't make you a nicer person or live a day longer.

An Australian pal of mine used to describe people with flashy stuff as "nearly rich"..the really rich people hide it for fear of attracting attention and also because they have nothing to prove.

Andy R":39uk6tyl said:
There are always people like this (I don't think I'm one of them ;) ) and in fact there seem to be a lot around here where I live now. I just do what I do and accept the fact that there will always be people who try to rub my nose in it because I don't have some prestigious job in some financial institution or something and I drive around in 25 and 15 year old cars.
They go on about their pension plans and all that stuff and their new BMW's - let them I say. I (and I'm sure you too mate) have done more in my life than most of them ever will, and anyway, live your life and let them all get on with it around you.

As long as the people that are important to you think that you are a good person - well, that's all that matters.

cheers andy you hit the nail right on the head :D these guys i dont think have left town except for 2 week holidays in costa hot place iv'e been round this globe when i was in the navy for 5 years just wish they wouldn't keep bragging every time i see them it just gets on my wick other than the bragging there normally aright people its just the bragging that gets me :roll: :roll: i dont sit there going i got this and that :roll:

I think I know what ye mean- folks who are perfectly nice and pleasant, but ye get the feeling they're being slightly superior with ye.............

What I usually do is wake them in the dead of night by shining a powerful torch in their face, whilst holding a knife at their throat............you'll be amazed by how much deference they suddenly show!!

That's my advice, and all the lads here at the phychiatric wing agree with me................

:p

sounds like my local, smug mode always on. All they talk about is the holiday, how much they spent, their car, how much they spent, last night london, how much they spent.

I tell them I found my Merrell shoes down the tip (unworn!) and all goes quiet...

I'm happy to promote my reputation as an eccentric, lends me an air of mystery, they never quite know what I'm gonna do or say (turets?).

As a result though, I've never been 'one of the lads' - often seen my so called friends in the pub, not a single text to ask me over, its always 'have you got...can you fix... do you wanna buy...' etc. Theres only about 3 people I could call 'friend'.

They're jealous, jealous of you Dan, jealous because they will never be a genuine, thoughtful and down right nice bloke that you are.

Latest posts

Back