Anyone using a 'new' flite or similar

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Ridden regular flites since BiTD, always been good. Tried a SLR on my road bike last year. OK for short rides but a little 'harsh' on longer rides, esp when you're carrying a little extra.
Thinking of trying a new flite, gel flite or signo next year. Anyone tried old and new for a comparison?

John":l4fgsz3c said:
a little 'harsh' on longer rides, esp when you're carrying a little extra.
Thinking of trying a new flite, gel flite or signo next year.

There you go, new year's resolution sorted, stop carrying that little extra ;)

i believe in fixies":3qbihzr5 said:
John":3qbihzr5 said:
a little 'harsh' on longer rides, esp when you're carrying a little extra.
Thinking of trying a new flite, gel flite or signo next year.

There you go, new year's resolution sorted, stop carrying that little extra ;)

Ohh, kick a man when he's down. Even when I was in better nick never found the SLR mega comfy.

saddle

I had an SLR Carbonio but it was way too hard. The Gel Flow seems pretty well padded. I used a Pro-Link for ages which I loved but not the best looking IMO

Always used the origional flites but can't get on with any Selle Italia saddles now.I do get on with alot of others though;FIZIK Aliante and Arione,Charge Spoon and if you can find them the Selle San Marco Concour Lite is exellent,alot of road pros still use these.

I've never ridden the old Flite as I am a bit of a Clydesdale but I get on surprisingly well with my SLR gel flow, that's the one with the relief cut out and a little padding.

I had a Max Flite gel flow for while that was OK too, but it looks a bit bulky.

Enjoy!!

Have to admit I was surprised by my SLR on a 9 hour ride along the SDW - no ill-effects at all.

(Well, none related to the saddle anyway, my legs were screwed!)

Back