Anyone got a Mini Cooper S?

They are bloody nippy, My mate used to have one and Id be buggered if I could shake it off down the lanes with me M3 :shock:

Had to get rid of mine for a people carrier :cry: Very good motor,mine was a supercharged one which was very thirsty,lucky to get 22mpg most of the time and not really that quick in a straight line but get it on some twisties and you never have to lift off!really miss it,would have another one,and the new new S is turbo'd and has much better mpg!

gump":19bz4n91 said:
nope, but the power steering is a joke. Probably about the noiseyest system around.

Yeah, it's run off an electric motor rather than the engine.

Can't say its bothered me on the Mini's i've been in. Certainly not a deal breaker at the moment. The road noise from the run-flats is probably more of a pain.

toons":2ct1oo5u said:
I've got the BMW supercharged one.

Yeah, i'm looking at a supercharged one.

What sort of MPG do you get and on what type of journeys?

What are the servicing costs like, or do you have the TLC pack?

What options have you got?

:)

I used to have a Cooper S.

Can't remember any mod cons like power steering or air con though.

It had sliding windows if that counts?

Had a look at these earlier in the year.

They offered an extension to TLC which was for 8 year/80k, so I would imagine most bought this and only the early cars would have gone outside the limits. Hardly anything is done at the services though, so servicing should be cheap if you don't have TLC. They seem to think that an air filter lasts 60k...

I personally cannot live with the speedo, but sometime mid 54 plate you could get the speed to display on the middle display. Also the chrono pack put the speedo in the right place, but is rare.

Back