Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:39 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:11 am 
North Wales AEC / OWMTBC 2010 Champion
North Wales AEC / OWMTBC 2010 Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 10:13 pm
Posts: 6066
Location: Chester
legrandefromage wrote:
The maestro is the only one with tape on it, just to stop bits falling off at over 33mph.


The rest of the cars are waiting for the stupid maestro to get the f*** out the way as it is still finishing a historic race from the day before.



Its a clever photo shop picture - the 206 looks bigger even though its behind the maestro.



The maestro is just about to be lapped for the 16 time by 42 other cars.



The maestro pace car has broken down again and is waiting to be towed.




They've ALL got stuck behind a Marina 1.8 TC coupe that has broken
down off camera...


The maestro's twin dual-choke carburettors are out of balance again....


:D :D


Yeah whatever dude. MG Meastros were one of the first cars to use EFi management by the way.

Its well known the MG Maestro and MG Maestro Turbo were much underated cars. If you want to take the TG line and say they are rubbish then fine, its not on the "Cool Wall" anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:13 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:03 pm
Posts: 1644
Location: Prestwick
Do you ever wish.you hadn't started something?!

Pickle this is the first tg I watched this series as it didn't clash with anything the misses watches. I saw the marina incident and switched it over.

Doesn't help the marina but I voted with my remote control.

Instead I watched old xr adverts on youtube.

Let's let this thread die quietly. And no one dare mention a certain super rare renault.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:17 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:35 pm
Posts: 3071
TopGear passed me when Tiff left the building and that most irritating "luckely forgot his name" entered.

Indeed its more enterntainment now, building boatcars, tractoracing and other sh#t.

Luckely I am not the only one :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:25 am 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 26181
Location: Moomin Valley
Easy_Rider wrote:
legrandefromage wrote:
The maestro is the only one with tape on it, just to stop bits falling off at over 33mph.


The rest of the cars are waiting for the stupid maestro to get the f*** out the way as it is still finishing a historic race from the day before.



Its a clever photo shop picture - the 206 looks bigger even though its behind the maestro.



The maestro is just about to be lapped for the 16 time by 42 other cars.



The maestro pace car has broken down again and is waiting to be towed.




They've ALL got stuck behind a Marina 1.8 TC coupe that has broken
down off camera...


The maestro's twin dual-choke carburettors are out of balance again....


:D :D


Yeah whatever dude. MG Meastros were one of the first cars to use EFi management by the way.

Its well known the MG Maestro and MG Maestro Turbo were much underated cars. If you want to take the TG line and say they are rubbish then fine, its not on the "Cool Wall" anyway.


easy tiger!

Reliabilty. Electrical gremlins 'bong - your door is open- bong', a thirst for oil doesnt make for a good reputation or underatted, just bad news for a 1986 MG dealer. Espesh when other companies did it better.

And true EFI engines? Chrysler, in 1958 and Citroen, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Saab, and Volvo as well as VW (my former boss worked for Bosch on the K-Jetronic system found in my 1983 Escort RS1600i).


Last edited by legrandefromage on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:27 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:43 pm
Posts: 557
Saying a Marina is rubbish is not an opinion, it is a fact.

Destroy all of them.

Having said that, I did spot an Ital on Saturday which made me chuckle. Driving around in that is a modern day equivalent of self flagellation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:42 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:03 pm
Posts: 1644
Location: Prestwick
legrandefromage wrote:
Easy_Rider wrote:
legrandefromage wrote:
The maestro is the only one with tape on it, just to stop bits falling off at over 33mph.


The rest of the cars are waiting for the stupid maestro to get the f*** out the way as it is still finishing a historic race from the day before.



Its a clever photo shop picture - the 206 looks bigger even though its behind the maestro.



The maestro is just about to be lapped for the 16 time by 42 other cars.



The maestro pace car has broken down again and is waiting to be towed.




They've ALL got stuck behind a Marina 1.8 TC coupe that has broken
down off camera...


The maestro's twin dual-choke carburettors are out of balance again....


:D :D


Yeah whatever dude. MG Meastros were one of the first cars to use EFi management by the way.

Its well known the MG Maestro and MG Maestro Turbo were much underated cars. If you want to take the TG line and say they are rubbish then fine, its not on the "Cool Wall" anyway.


easy tiger!

Reliabilty. Electrical gremlins 'bong - your door is open- bong', a thirst for oil doesnt make for a good reputation or underatted, just bad news for a 1986 MG dealer. Espesh when other companies did it better.

And true EFI engines? Chrysler, in 1958 and Citroen, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Saab, and Volvo as well as VW (my former boss worked for Bosch on the K-Jetronic system found in my 1983 Escort RS1600i).



the examples you have picked there are mfi mate, so not true e(electric)fi at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:46 am 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:37 am
Posts: 4916
Pickle wrote:
Simple solution to this


If you like it, watch it


If you dont like it, dont watch it


:roll:


But then we wouldn't have had, what is for me, nearly the funniest thread I ever read :lol:

This nearly trumps the 'you took two POS bikes and combined them to build one POS bike' thread. Classic.

I found this Maestro on Autotrader. Seller wants £350 with only 3 months ticket left :shock:

You'd be better off investing in an Escort Cabrio :wink:

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/imgser ... =835469097


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:51 am 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Posts: 12314
Location: Branston, Lincoln
Tallpaul wrote:
You'd be better off investing in an Escort Cabrio :wink:


I'm an easy target after that thread :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:53 am 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:37 am
Posts: 4916
Pickle wrote:
I'm an easy target after that thread :lol:


Couldn't resist :oops: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:54 am 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 26181
Location: Moomin Valley
Ok - but:

1958 DeSoto Electrojector

''...The Bendix electronic fuel-injection system had many components modern fuel-injection systems employ including a fuel-pressure regulator, fuel rails, individual injectors, throttle positioning valve, an electronic cold start and warmup sensor, primary and secondary throttle bodies, manifold vacuum sensor, idle sensor, air temperature sensor, acceleration sensor and two fuel lines...''


That sounds vaguely EFI to me.

Bosch:

''...The D-Jetronic system developed by Bosch in the early 1960's was the first mass-production electronic fuel injection system. It was primarily based on patents that Bosch licensed from the Bendix corporation. Bendix developed the basic idea of using an inductive element coupled to manifold vacuum as a component in a loop circuit ("multivibrator") to develop the basic injection pulse width. The system was first used on the 1967 VW Type 3 motors. Bosch continued development of the system, and it was last used in the D-Jetronic form in about 1976. Variants of D-Jetronic were used by other manufacturers (Ford, Toyota, etc.) for many years, and various forms of "speed-density" injection systems similar to D-Jetronic are still in use today. Bosch developed many more types of electronic fuel injection after D-Jetronic (L-Jetronic, K-Jetronic, etc.) that had improved characteristics, and still is a dominant force in fuel injection systems today...''



Escort XR3i - it worked, Maestro... hmmm

I'd have a Marina coupe with better brakes and the 1.8 twin carb engine. for a week or so.


Blah blah blah... etc.


Last edited by legrandefromage on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 71 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group