Anyone ride horses as well as bikes?

gradeAfailure

Senior Retro Guru
I know this will probably get a fairly negative response, but thought I'd pose the question anyway...!

Basically, just interested to see if anyone else on here rides horses as well as MTBs - I know the two have generally never been compatible with each other (MTB-ers get hacked off with horses depositing waste product on the trails, horse riders get annoyed by MTB-ers who scream round blind corners and spook the horses), but there is a lot of common ground really - a love of the countryside, irritation at motorists' lack of awareness and consideration, and so on. As a long-time MTB-er and recent convert to horse-riding, I thought I'd see if there was anyone similar on here...

I've ridden horses a few times but could never get over the fact that you had toeclips on them (of a sort) - BUT NO HANDLEBARS!!!! How the *&^% do you hold on and point in a straight line and not fall off!

orange71":3gdmlryt said:
How the *&^% do you hold on and point in a straight line and not fall off!
thigh and buttock muscles (forgotten the correct anatomical term). Apparently one of the reasons horsey ladies are in much demand...

uncontrollable beast between your legs , no thanks

besides , since i got married , the beast between the legs is under the wife`s control now

:LOL:

Horse Play

I can sense a (retro) man vs. (retro) horse vs. (retro) bike retro challenge coming on... :D

Neil

PS. You do know Hilts has stables, paddocks, gallops, stallions and everything! Apparently Harvey Smith and Frankie Dettori are often around his gaff for sunday lunch... :LOL:

Frankie is more a saturday night man , but Harvey is indeed fond of a Sunday Roast. :D

Mrs Hilts is a fine horsewoman, though the little one has put pay to any recent activity.

Hilts":8wx868ie said:
Mrs Hilts is a fine horsewoman, though the little one has put pay to any recent activity.

Is this smutty inuendo creeping into Retrobike... ??!! :shock:

Neil

Back