Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:57 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: us and them
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:16 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:51 pm
Posts: 1299
ok so i realise that this might seem a bit insensetive given that there are many out of work at the mo but i had a fax from my boss today saying that he wont be paying an xmas bonus this year as it would be 'imprudent' as money is very tight... fine except i dont see any cost cutting in his lifestyle, 2 florida holidays this year, a cruise, 2 new cars... whats that all about, we all worked damn hard for all that. we've had 5 redundancies on my branch this year and the remaining staff have all had to work twice as hard for their minimum wage :evil: and to add to it he's making us work new years day :evil: :evil:

rant over


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:23 pm 
South East AEC
South East AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:39 pm
Posts: 3882
At least you have a job

Not starting to rant, as it will not be nice.

Unemployed and not happy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:32 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:51 pm
Posts: 1299
TheGreenRabbit wrote:
At least you have a job

Not starting to rant, as it will not be nice.

Unemployed and not happy


yes i realise that there are a lot of people in a far worse situation as i said at the beginning of the post, and its not the money that bothers me (to put that into context my bonus was £40 last year), its more that we all work damn hard all year to line his bloody pockets and it would be nice for my staff if they had a little something by way of thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:38 pm 
South East AEC
South East AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:39 pm
Posts: 3882
dirtjumper_dmr wrote:
TheGreenRabbit wrote:
At least you have a job

Not starting to rant, as it will not be nice.

Unemployed and not happy


yes i realise that there are a lot of people in a far worse situation as i said at the beginning of the post, and its not the money that bothers me (to put that into context my bonus was £40 last year), its more that we all work damn hard all year to line his bloody pockets and it would be nice for my staff if they had a little something by way of thanks.


you get paid, what more thanks do you want.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:46 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:51 pm
Posts: 1299
TheGreenRabbit wrote:
dirtjumper_dmr wrote:
TheGreenRabbit wrote:
At least you have a job

Not starting to rant, as it will not be nice.

Unemployed and not happy


yes i realise that there are a lot of people in a far worse situation as i said at the beginning of the post, and its not the money that bothers me (to put that into context my bonus was £40 last year), its more that we all work damn hard all year to line his bloody pockets and it would be nice for my staff if they had a little something by way of thanks.


you get paid, what more thanks do you want.


ok whatever :? :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:47 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:03 pm
Posts: 1644
Location: Prestwick
im with the green rabit on this one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:54 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:51 pm
Posts: 1299
ok then, fair enough... i know when i beat :cry: :cry: :cry: sorry to have peed you off. i'm done here


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:03 am 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 5668
Location: Dorset
dirtjumper_dmr wrote:
ok then, fair enough... i know when i beat :cry: :cry: :cry: sorry to have peed you off. i'm done here


I agree with you fella! I think a lot of people use times like this as an excuse to treat their staff even worse than they normally do.
If you usually only get £40, would it hurt that much to at least give you something??
If you can see that your boss is struggling too, then fair enough, but to lord it over your staff all year, give them nothing at xmas, then blame it on the 'credit crunch' is bollox imo.
Saying that, if I had my own company I would probably have the best looked after staff in the country but make no bloody money :roll:

@thegreenrabbit.... I got sent details of a medical sales job last week. Can try to dig out the email if your interested mate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:06 am 
Anglian Deputy AEC
Anglian Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:13 pm
Posts: 6928
Location: Livin' in a dust bowl
Where I work the warehouse staff got paid a different (higher) Xmas bonus to the drivers. All hell kicked off.

BTW the office staff have to wait until January to get ours.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:15 am 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Retrobike HQ
Pay, money and work. always an emotive subject :?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group