Red Christmas - Pace Content

Birdman

Retro Guru
Clearly I'm not taking the economy downturn and potential job doom too seriously as I just picked this up from the post office after a bit of a punt on the bay :D Sometime you have to follow your heart... :cool:

main.php

main.php

Sorry for rubbish pix, I'll get some good ones up soon, colour looks way better than in the image. The plan is to build it up into a bit of a race weapon for XC, I've already got a set of RC36 hollowform to plug in the front and plan to source everything else second hand.

Question for the RB masses though, should I continue the red anno theme, ie bling it out hubs, stem, bars etc, or just go for silver / black understated look. :?

Stick with a simple set of Black components, otherwise the colours could look slightly different and clash, and then it will look bad. Can you match the components to the forks?

Red is one of the worst to colour match as it turns pink over time. I'd go with the silver option and if you really want to add colour then understated blue wouldn't go amiss (don't go mad but bits like bottle cage bolts, middleburn crank spider, x-lite skewers - gives a union jack feel to a british bike)

Cheers Jez, I've always wanted a Pace, can't wait to build it up.

Prob going to be a carbon seatpost (i've heard the ride is quite stiff?) so theres potential to tie in with the forks, bars etc, would also keep it nice and light.

funilly enough I do have a set of red RC36 'Eddie Irvine' special edition forks plugged into my P7 in the garage. But the anno on them is definitly pink these days :?

I've also got a set of gold hope wheels on another bike, would that look a mess?

Gold ......... my precious ...... gold

I like it used sparingly, I'm not a fan of black and red ano. I'd fit a RC36 ProClass with the Ti-Nitride stanchions: Titanium grey ano, gold and carbon fibre, great mix with the red frame.

- Classy Ti or grey/gunmetal ano parts to keep it understated, rims too.
- Gold stanchions, QR's, some bolts and details, Ringle H20? spoke nips
- Carbon seatpost echos the fork, flatbar (or was that Ti), Pace front hub?
- Red too, some to echo the frame: nice red ano Onza CWA barends

No need for any black other than the carbon and some rubber bits.

Nice frame, Enjoy!!

Back