While researching legal sites on the Internet, I discovered numerous absurd laws that actually exist.
In spite of the principle of separation of church and state, many frivolous laws pertain only to Sunday.
1) In Florida, it’s illegal for single, divorced, or widowed women to parachute on Sunday afternoons.
2) In Massachusetts, it’s unlawful to deliver diapers on Sunday.
3) In Thomasville, North Carolina, it’s illegal to fly an airplane over the town on Sundays between 11 AM and 1 PM.
4) In Providence, Rhode Island, it’s illegal to sell both toothpaste and a toothbrush to the same customer on a Sunday.
Many laws still on the books are clearly out of date.
1) In Hollywood, California, it’s illegal to drive more than 2000 sheep at a time down Hollywood Boulevard.
2) In Utah, it’s illegal for pharmacists to sell gunpowder as a headache cure.
3) In Pennsylvania, motorists driving along country roads are required to stop every mile, send up a rocket and wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock before continuing.
4) In Nebraska, motorists approaching a horse at night are required to stop their vehicle, send up rockets and throw a tarp over their car to conceal it from the horse.
Special rules often exist for women.
1) In Oklahoma, women are forbidden from doing their own hair, unless licensed by the state.
2) In Cleveland, Ohio, women are not allowed to wear patent-leather shoes.
3) In Michigan, a woman’s hair legally belongs to her husband.
4) In Helena, Montana, a woman cannot dance on a saloon table unless her clothes weigh more than three pounds, two ounces.
5) In Kentucky, a law reads that no female shall appear in a bathing suit on any highway within the state unless escorted by at least two officers or unless armed with a club. An amendment to this law states that it shall not apply to females weighing less than 90 pounds nor exceeding 200 pounds, nor shall it apply to female horses.
Some laws are downright insane.
1) In Tennessee, it’s illegal to operate a motor vehicle while sleeping.
2) In Alabama, it’s illegal to operate a motor vehicle while blindfolded.
3) In Virginia, bribery is prohibited by anyone other than candidates for public office.
4) In Seattle, Washington, it’s illegal to carry a concealed weapon greater than six feet long.
5) In New Hampshire, it’s against the law to tap your feet or in any way keep time to the music in a tavern, restaurant or café.
6) In Texas, to go barefoot requires a five-dollar permit.
7) In Oregon, a dead person cannot be required to serve on a jury.
1994 GT Edge Road Bike
1999 Coyote Ultralite
2007 Kona Kikapu Deluxe