Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:23 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:42 pm 
Retro Guru
Retro Guru

But I've only recently bought some Trailraker UST's!! :shock:

And the real reason I haven't fitted them yet is the lack of compressor. It can be a bit of a rave up fitting UST's with a track pump. The Fairy liquid had to give me a hand last time. Can't use the compR at the garage as I've got presta valves. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:54 pm 
Retro Guru

It's a funny thing tubeless, I've heard so many nightmare stories about getting tyres to seal but so far I've never had a problem using just my thumbs and a track pump.In the last 2 months I've put Nobbie Nics onto both XT and XTR wheels and sealed both 1st time left them for a few days then popped the bead and added sealant,same story with some Mavic wheels and Maxxis tyres about 20 monthsago when I first started using UST,guess I'm just lucky :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:58 pm 
Retro Guru
Retro Guru

Fitting the Tioga Red Phoenix UST was a bit of a nightmare, the secret ingredient was the Fairy, no problem after that was put in the mix. (Not the latex mix of course.) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:53 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

The Onset of a Terminal Disease :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:01 am 
Retro Guru
Retro Guru

dyna-ti wrote:

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:09 am 
Retro Guru

dyna-ti wrote:

Please, don't even joke about it ...

I've been finding it hard work lately too. I dragged my sorry ass out of bed on Sunday and went out for a ride with about eight other guys/girls - I probably wouldn't have bothered except the ride was starting right outside my door and I needed something like that to get me motivated after what seems to have been an endless bout of flu and bronchitis.

I took the "Blue non-retro SS" and surprised myself - I seemed to be on a bit of a roll and rode everything at least as well as the others did (and all the drops and techy stuff that they "minced" down too) and got back home 4 hours later feeling like a Trail God again !!

Went out again on Tuesday with a mate over roughly the same route and felt that I was shit by comparison. Every climb dragged and even on the level and downhill sections I just couldn't turn it on like on Sunday.
I said to my friend that maybe I only have one good ride a week in me now.
I feel that my age is finally catching up with me - actually I spend a lot of time hoping and praying that that's all it is....

One positive thing though - I'm riding technical/steeper/sketchy stuff better than at any time previously. If somebody says "do you think it's possible to get a bike down there - is it cleanable ?" then I'm up for trying it.
Strange - people usually seem to get more cautious with age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:34 pm 

I'm not mate ,Me old ticker is beginning to show signs of wear,It comes with age :cry: i suppose,so i check out these thing instead of letting them lie too long
Could well be the time of year ,most people feel a bit listless and run down,get a bit more sleep and do a couple more runs over the weekend,see how you feel then

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:16 pm 
Retro Guru

dyna-ti wrote:
Could well be the time of year ,most people feel a bit listless and run down,get a bit more sleep and do a couple more runs over the weekend,see how you feel then

I agree with you about the time of year bit - I'm very affected by this cold, dark crap weather and I can't wait to feel a bit of warm sun on my old bones again.
I can't discount the big difference that having an "audience" makes either - when there are a few people checking out your riding (like last Sunday) it always makes you put in an extra bit of effort, especially if you're on a SS and they've all got their geared stuff :wink: .
After all, you feel you owe it to yourself to put on a good show (or I do anyway, but then I'm a born poser :lol: )
On the other hand, when I was out with my mate I didn't have to prove anything (he happily admits I'm a better, stronger rider anyway) and I was (unusually for me) on a geary bike - maybe that was the trouble ??