Bike/Frame ideas

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Looking to replace my full susser with a hardtail preferably steel or Ti, would like a small brand or retro bike and a do it all type. Kinda open question so whadaya think?

Depends on your riding I guess fella..I've only ridden a full sus thing once and hated it...but I don't do downhill stuff......what are your future riding plans?

Nah not a gravity demon either, summat that'll go up easy and down easy, mostly trail centre stuff.

Budget is quite pliable for the right frame, not going uber exotic would be second hand ti at best. Would compromise kit and stuff and use some things I already have to get it going, not in a great rush either as I have other bikes. So (rambling over) new steel or 2nd hand Ti budget.

Not steel or Ti,,,but have you considered Huntos Mango M2...very under-rated frames, silly fast and agile. I'm a great fan of them

Harryburgundy":175kg0nm said:
Not steel or Ti,,,but have you considered Huntos Mango M2...very under-rated frames, silly fast and agile. I'm a great fan of them

Nah, nice but steel is real :LOL: I was going to say all the alloy bikes I have but realise they are all Specialized's too and I can take them or leave them my favourite bikes have been steel(one of the reasons for selling the c'dale too).

How about a DMR Trailstar. I've been thinking the same thing about getting shot of my susser and getting a 'do-it-all' steel hardtail. Can't afford a new one though, so I'm keeping an eye out for a good condition second hand 'un.

Litespeed. Mine has been fantastic, disc compatible, 100mm corrected (+ semi integrated headset so if you have a small frame like mine it doesnt jack the front up) light, well made, look good and they can be had for a god price too - oh, and they seem to hold their value, I have seen them go for more on eBay than I paid for mine in 2004 (same year, size, model). I love it.

Hummer's, Airbornes and Globals also seem to go for around the same price too, but, imho the Litespeeds are better made and look smarter.

one of the few 'retro' bikes that would hold up today would be the later Hei Hei's or even a score if you can find one (more aggressive geometry for the day, but about right by todays standards)

Back