Oh bugger

greenfinger

Retro Guru
Got home from work and found the mrs crying....she's been made redundant :roll: We're really struggling as it is due to my hours being being cut and we're in our first home(year married). Really bloody miserable :? Mortgage, car etc gonna be a real ball ache

I've been laid off twice in 3 years, I live on my own (+ no savings) so no money coming in is a serious issue. I've done many a job for basic minimum wage, just to keep some money coming in.

The way I have always looked at redundancy is it is an opportunity to do something different.

I'd have never worked in a bike shop, which gave me the confidence to consider starting up my own mobile cycle repairs business, if I'd have not been made redundant.

Good luck & I hope that something comes up soon.

Remember first thing is to check you insurances if you have any that cover repayments.

Second ring the JobCentre and sign on, you get it from the day you appy (once you eventually get it if you can). But even if she (you) cannot then she will still get the National Insurance paid for and the help and stuff you can get from them. While the Job Cnetre is not much use if you have anything more than A-levels for the type of work she would be looking for, something might come up.
But claim instantly.

Cheers guys, i'm sure it will work out fine it's just a bit scary for us at the moment. We're only in our mid 20's so never been faced with this type of thing before. The retro trek(no slagging i aint in the mood :LOL: ) is on hold so it's all hands on deck to keep some money coming in.

Atleast after this christmas i'll be as lean as a gypsie dog rather than a stuffed turkey :cool:

As my old dad says 'if ye cudny laugh ye'd greet' :roll: ;) Or another of his sayings....'whits fur ye'll no gan by ye son'

Translations available.....for a fee :D

greenfinger":mjwyhxwg said:
As my old dad says 'if ye cudny laugh ye'd greet' :roll: ;) Or another of his sayings....'whits fur ye'll no gan by ye son'

Precisely :D , something will come up, changing jobs whether voluntarily or not will always make you a bit stronger. Is it her first job? Things aren't as scary out there as it seems.

Sorry to hear your news.

My mate's in a similar situation, his missus was made redundant. They've taken an alternative view and rented their flat out, bought a couple of huge paniers and have literaly jumped on their bikes. Their reasoning was that they're going to settle down and have kids soon so now's the ideal time for them, make the best out of a bad situation.

Good luck to the both of you buddy.

Back