Life, the universe and cheese.

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Wandering around the carboot sales this morning, I bumped into people I've worked with over the years.

I usually stay at a company for about 18 months before I'm kicked out or leave. Now, these people I bump into are still at there, plugging away and have just been promoted, pay rise etc.

At first the green eyed envy starts, the've got a new car, they earn more than me etc. But, then after about 3 sentances, I realise, THEY ARE AS BORING AS HELL!!! AAAAAAGH WALK AWAY WALK AWAY!

What is it that I'm missing that these people have? I was always getting disciplinaries at companys for the silliest things and could never be the person that says 'yes sir no sir' it would be 'why?'

So, as a result, theres a certain type of 'troubled' person out there, never quite fitting in, uncomfortable in crowded places, never quite sure of themselves. Thats me....

any thoughts?

Ever since leaving the army ive gone from job to job usually because boredom sets in about 12 months into it, Once boredom sets in i tend to cause trouble and nit pick until its time to leave. Ive solved the problem now by just not going to work anymore :D

ive never been able to say yes sir(my dad said i could never do the army thing as im way to independant)...which is why i love my job as a cycling prof teacher......always different kids to have a mess with...love shouting at them....they make you larf w3hen im in a rotten mood and theres no one to tell me what to do.i choose when and where plus i get to go in all the staff rooms,which are always decked with choccie and biccies and coffee and hot teachers(small nod to woodlands for their choccie and coffee.)if i could choose my job this is what i would want.....
to me working in an office all day is the final circle of hell...... :D (oh and i get exspenses for petrol too) :D :D :D

Yep me too ... I worked for a prestige car firm for 10 years and when I left I saw my file in HR :shock: It was massive!! ha.ha

Never a yes man, but did well and always moved upwards so I think you can do alright without kissing arse it just takes longer :D

legrandefromage":3xm2tiu1 said:
we are few, maybe the next step in evolution? or a throw back?

Or an internet forum just for the world's ostracised, rejected, persecuted and socialy excluded. This in itself presents problems as there will be arguments about what represents true social ineptitude as opposed to a bit of akwardness, the forum would therefore have to have some form of arbitrary cut off in it to try to appease both camps. Of course the lack of social skills would mean that there would be rather a lot of petty bickering and squables because not everyone was 100% happy....

Then again come the revolution you would be king of the world and your former colleagues could be amongst the first to be lined up against the wall!

Latest posts

Back