Snow - Why cant people drive?

s_zigmond

Senior Retro Guru
Having had the pleasure of cycling to work today :D I did enjoy sitting back and laughing at the carpark that is the main roads around here.

To be honest found the ride real fun and was glad I braved the blizzards.

but why do schools close? Our school never closed whatever the weather.

The least little snowflake these days and the whole ****ing country shuts down :evil:

s_zigmond":39xt30tw said:
Having had the pleasure of cycling to work today :D I did enjoy sitting back and laughing at the carpark that is the main roads around here.

To be honest found the ride real fun and was glad I braved the blizzards.

Aye it's getting a bit over the top these days, the place coming to a virtual standstill after a bit of snow :roll: The forecasts of 'BRITAIN SET FOR ARCTIC CONDITIONS' etc :LOL: :roll:

Im sure we didnt have the problems 15+ years ago when it used to snow properly. Or was i just to busy sledging to remember?

Just makes me laugh that we cant cope with a tiny bit of snow, and arent allowed to use hose pipes if we have a few days of sun. Yet the rest of the world thats have far greater extremes cope fine.

Oh well as I said sitting back and watching from the comfort of my saddle meant i could see the funny side of it all instead of 'fing and jeffing at the crap drivers as i would have been doing if i had driven in.

(Sorry I know none of my I's are in capitals but I cant be bothered going back and changing them all.)

Most people I encounter on the roads can't drive properly full stop, never mind in the snow. There was hardly a sniff of snow at seven this morning but I still got stuck behind Mr Bedwetter driving at 15 mph in his Citroen Pic- asshole. He started flashing his lights and waving his fist when I overtook him.

:roll:

Come on - don't you know it's The Big Freeze (TBF) we're talking about here?

TBF fills many column inches and gives the media more to talk about than Lapland parks in the New Forest, strictly come dancing and the x factor.

Did it snow overnight? It rained here.

magas":26i6dyay said:
are winter tyres widly used in the UK during this period of year ?

No.

Which gives you a good idea about how frequently we see bad snow.

I can't get me head round people sometimes. They either drive at walking pace at the slightest sign of snow flakes OR race along at 100mph sitting two foot off the bumper of the car in front when you can't see your hand in front of your face.

Go figure. :?

Personally, these are my winter tyres....

post-14027-1215619364.jpg

(and my summer tyres too for that matter :D ).

Back