Postage - Jeez, make your point!

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I am watching a frame on Ebay, and the guy is quoting £25 postage.

Seems a little steep, so I asked him if he'd consider senditnow.com who charge £11.99.

Here is his response:
sorry mate it would be about £15 by parcelforce which is not
much more the £10 on top is for the 30-40 min s it take s me to
package + the 20 min it take s me there s nearly an hour s work
+ 50p fuel + packaging matirials 50p just on tape for a bike that
s if no bubble wrap used just card. the extra charge percentage
on full amount including postage cost that paypal charge s me
as most people pay me this way when posting on £20 say on
bike + your postage price is a pound long and short a hard hour
s work for about £7.50 sorry can t do it any cheaper thank s

ere what frame was that .... I was browsing yesterday and see a frame and thought ooooowww then noticed the postage!! :LOL: Cant remember what it was now....

Could do it cheap wrapped like this :LOL:

dsc00205_972.jpg

when you win it for a pound after nobody bids on it because no one in the real world will pay £25 to have a bike sent to them you can stand in his kitchen drinking his tea ( ask to use the toilet , once youve been in someones house for that long its common courtesy to offer them a tea ) for , oh about an hour

put the link up and well all ask him some gooood questions about it , answering them should be a decent way for him to spend his time :LOL:

his point is he is charging £25 for postage AND packing,even he used the cheaper service you suggest then he will still charge you for packing and his time which ends up about the same so i personally think is totally fair and fine :roll:

stew-b":26o8vku6 said:
his point is he is charging £25 for postage AND packing,even he used the cheaper service you suggest then he will still charge you for packing and his time which ends up about the same so i personally think is totally fair and fine :roll:

i agree with stew here
when i sell things on here i post at cost
on ebay i do charge for my time and materials too

yeh i think £25 is too much for posting a bike... like you say pickle, senditnow is £11.99 and if i'm right they pick it up from you? as for tape and stuff it think is a bit petty and in any case you can buy 4 rolls of parcel tape for £1, i could wrap a car in that :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: as for going into to fuel costs, whatever :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back