Shipping cost..frame..UK to Europe

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Sorry, this has no doubt been asked again and again, but I couldn't see a thread.
Had a Q from someone in Germany re: postage of my frame to Germany.
Just did a quick quote things on Parcelforce and Parceltogo and they are coming out at around £95 with compensation to £500.
Sounds excessive....anybody here posted big stuff to Europe?
Cheers
Carl

Hello, I have posted a bike frame to Germany and Italy a few months back which I wrapped the frame with bubble wrap into cut down Halfords bike cardboard box, it cost me £40 using the Post Office system and they only cover up to £100 only.

Hope this helps

For what it's worth when I've posted stuff to Europe for work I've often had problems with Spain, Portugal and Greece. Other countries were OK it's just to these three that parcels would go missing far too often. Anything that handed over to the local mail service (like parcelfarce) was asking for trouble! We found the only reliable service to those countries was Fed-Ex/UPS and it's not cheap. We never tried Drop it, Hide it, Loose it though.

I have packaged stuff up for people and met them at the airport over here. Get them to take a cheap flight over and Bob's your uncle, cheaper than posting it!

i believe in fixies":7id2cnga said:
For what it's worth when I've posted stuff to Europe for work I've often had problems with Spain, Portugal and Greece. Other countries were OK it's just to these three that parcels would go missing far too often.

I have to say that I've sent a fair number of large packages (15-20Kgs) from here (The Isle of Man) to Platsa, in VERY rural Greece and to date I've never had any problems using Parcelforce. Usually IOM to Coventry overnight and tracked as being in Athens the next day.
Two more days from Athens to Platsa.
I realise by saying this that I'm leaving myself wide open to all sorts of future disasters, of course..... :roll:

The key to keeping costs down is not so much the weight but the dimensions - I can get a complete bike in a package 100 x 60 x 20 cm and that way got it shipped to Australia for £102. Complete bike. £40 to europe for a frame is well do-able. ;)

Latest posts

Back