the best gig ever was....

dirtjumper_dmr

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
another one of my peesed up 'whats the best' things here :LOL:
this time, whats the best gig you've ever been to?

for me it was Funeral for a Friend at Astoria in 2005 that show kicked ass, i've never sweated so much in my life it was june or july and so feckin hot :LOL: got the set list off the front of house but then lost it in burger king after :cry:

Seeing Kasabian play at a tiny little bar near Phoenix, Arizona while I was working out there was pretty special.
There was only about 100 people in there, and most/all of them had never even heard of Kasabian.
They certainly knew about them by the time the gig had finished! This place was bouncing by the time they finished with Clubfoot :cool:
These are the kind of gigs I love, small and intimate.
About 2 weeks later I stumbled across Embrace playing and even smaller gig in Sacremanto, California. Must have been 30 people max in there and they were asking what we wanted them to play!
I've seen both bands play to 5000+ people but these 2 gigs were far better to me :D

Levellers in Paris 1992 (may have been '93).

Also INXS in Paris same year - they threw a free gig in the Place de la Republique as Mick Hutchence was living round there at the time.

radiohead at glasto in 96 or NOFX with bad religion and the vandals in brixton 95

the two others that i would have sold my soul to be at were Nirvana unplugged and any of the metallica s&m tour gigs.

If I HAD to choose?

And using the "what it felt like at the time" rather than the "with hindsight" perspective..

Probably U2 at the NEC in august 87, 2 nights on the trot from the front row.

Back