F.A.O Vitorzip.

jimihendrix

MacRetro Rider
Could you please check your E-mail and PM box's and let me know what's happening with the Manitou frame i paid for a month ago ?

:?

I'll see your month and raise you seven and a half weeks and nothing :shock:

PM me and I'll provide you with what information that I have

Judy steerer

I too am waiting for a judy steerer paid for in the first week of October :shock:
Had a reply to a post on here asking to email, but nothing yet.
I think nearly two months is enough.
Jamie

Having got stuff from him before the delivery is very very slow but it does turn up eventually in good as described condition

s_zigmond":n2vo69v7 said:
Having got stuff from him before the delivery is very very slow

Why :? , i paid for a bank transfer to get the money for the frame to him quick, i'd appreciate some effort in return :roll:

Not happy with the lack of communication anyway.

I gave up after nearly three months for a seatpost earlier on this year and got a refund off him. I could have walked from Portugal quicker (and that includes across the water too :LOL: )

I'm waiting for a freebie from him (a bit of Karma swapping) so I'm not out of pocket and he's doing me a favour, but it has taken a long time. I PM'd him and he replied recently it was on its way. :D

I´ve been working out things with everyone the best way i can.
Yesterday Ed gave me an advice for something i should have done a long time ago. Explain.

All the items i sell are usually sent 2, 3 days after i receive payment. Unfortunatly, lately, postal services are having a huge lack of efficiency, and some parts take one month or even more to get to UK, and 35% of the things i send have been returned saying "not claimed" or "adress not found". Other parts take 3, 4 days to arrive, but that´s what i expect when i pay for postage on the post office.

I have 2 frames, 1 fork, chainsets, tyres and other parts that are wasting my time and buyers time somewhere between Portugal and UK. Some items sold here, some others on ebay.

I have this same problem with an item to France, and another to Finland.

On the other way, i think Bear-chan stickers took a couple of days, aswell as Boyburning´s seatpost, or Paraja´s frame. Most of the parts (40 in the last month) took between 2 and 5 days to arrive. Can you explain that?

I feel a bit embarassed, because even if it´s not my fault, it´s happening to me. I could charge for a better shipping service, with tracking number and insurance, but it would be too much expensive for some of the parts i sell. In the end, i get to pay the same for resent items 2 or 3 times.

To help all this (not), my company promoted me to marketing manager and i´ve been on the field since October, and until the end of the year, to check how salesmen are going. This keeps me away from home for 10 to 15 days at a time, accessing web thru phone, and being unable to read or answer PM´s (keeps asking to login). That´s why i´ve also been posting less here. I can only access email, read and answer thru there.

Fortunatly, my wife is an attourney with some spare time to help me, and take packages to the post office one time and another.

I should have created a topic a while ago, to leave everyone less worried, but i thought everything was ok until i realised that parts are taking much more to arrive than expected.

When i pay for something i expect to have it the next day, so i totally understand what everyone feels.
I have 4 pages of positive feedback, and even knowing that these things can happen now and then, parts always turn up, nobody gets disapointed.

I have a friend on the post office, which is trying to help me understand what´s happening, and what´s the best way to send parts and prevent this things from happen, but right now i can only apologise publicly everyone who´s waiting for something i sent, and promise that not one buyer will loose a pence.

This is so ridiculous, that even parts i sent for free, to help fellow retrobikers, as Orange71, have not arrived yet. Just ridiculous.

Once again, i want to apologise to everyone involved. Your item is on the way, for sure.
I can only read or answer emails, please contact me thru there.

Thanks everyone for your understanding.

Cheers

Vitor Rodrigues

Thanks Vitor, I'm sure that people appreciate the detailed explanation and I hope that the situation resolves very soon.

I think we've covered it before on other threads but lack of communication and going 'radio silent' is what sets alarm bells ringing, sometimes sadly with justification. If there is any delay most people will accept it if they know the matter is in hand - communication is king and if there is no time to get in touch with individuals a general post such as this can allay a lot of heartache

Back