Baby Bike Helmet

Cass

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Can anyone receommend a baby bike helmet, I have a 6 month old daughter that I've just got a Weeride seat for, she's only tiny so need the smallest available.

Hoping to take her out in the next month or so but obviously waiting for her to be sitting up and self supportive, which she pretty much is already.

I know it's probably different for all babies, but is there a recommended age before you can take them out?

Cheers

Cass

I wouldnt be taking my baby out until he is strong enough to sit up comfortably. In fact, maybe not until he is 1.

TBH, I'd only be happy taking him out in a trailer bike style attachement, I wouldnt feel happy on something that is attached to my bike. At least with a trailer bike, if you crashed there is a strong possibility baby wouldnt get hurt.

Just got a Weeride, checked the minmum age reccomendation, which is 1 year, think your right, looks like I'm going to have to wait a few more months. :oops:

Have you looked at the weeride, it fits to across the top tube and baby sits in front of you, very cool and much safer as you can see baby, lesschance of losing balance as well.

Attachments

• Weeride.jpg
    Weeride.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 970
I found the smallest helmets were made by MET, my son was 6 months old the first time on a bike, using a MET.

Cass":3iydqr65 said:
Just got a Weeride, checked the minmum age reccomendation, which is 1 year, think your right, looks like I'm going to have to wait a few more months. :oops:

Have you looked at the weeride, it fits to across the top tube and baby sits in front of you, very cool and much safer as you can see baby, lesschance of losing balance as well.
Used something similar for quite a long time, and the bike handles much better and feels safer. The only problem I had was on long rides my son used to nod off an then I would have trouble supporting him.
Just looked at the weeride site, ours didn't have the front table/ support thingy. Sleep mode shouldn't be a problem with that one ;)

I'll take a look at the MET helmets, she's pretty strong already, sitting up and crawling... :shock:

Still think I'll wait a couple more months, had her in the seat yesterday (not on the bike) and she loved it, can't wait to see her face when we get moving.

Just bought a new bike to put the seat on, any excuse :D , can't really go on the Hei Hei or single speed, picked up and old Rockhopper for a bargain, looks like new... pick it up tomorrow.

Got a feeling she's going to love it, I hope so, she seems to love the adventurous already, took her swimming last week and she was splashing about with no fear.

Attachments

• Rockhopper.jpg
    Rockhopper.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 927
Back