Oooops

South Bound

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Road bike tyres have no grip.

I can testify to this as I sit here with my hand in plaster awaiting getting my thumb pinned tomorrow.

At least I have not damaged my nice new bike...doh.

At least I am not going on holiday in 2 weeks...doh.

Oh bugger, sorry to hear that southbound, and even worse luck about the holiday, that sucks!!!!!!

I hope it gets better quickly!! :(

I knocked my self sensless in a bike crash the evening before I was due to fly out to a music festival in spain. Thankfully i was with a mate who looked after me... Went to A&E in the morning to get checked out...nothing broken but pretty scuffed up face & muscular damage in my arm/back.

I made the flight and spent the next week in a tent in the desert like terrain of southern spain...most uncomfortable week of my life!

Any way good to hear your alright...bar a war wound....and that your bikes alright!

That sucks, sorry to hear of your misfortune. How long will they be keeping you in plaster for that?

You're not alone, I'm recovering from two broken fingers (ring and middle) 3 weeks and 3 days in plaster total. Plaster's off 2 weeks today and this morning I've ridden the commute for the first time. I think with a pin it will be longer though. I also broke the fingers on the day before our holiday ....

Hope the pinning goes well, and take care.

Sorry to hear about your crash, it sucks going on holiday with broken bones! :cry:
2 years ago I flew to the Alps to do the Passportes Du Solei and badly broke my collar bone on the first day, had to come home mid week because it too painful to sit in the sun! :cry:
The following year booked up again for the same event and broke by shoulder blade a week before the off! Spent the week sitting indoors (weather was terrible) whilst my mates had an awesome time! :cry:
This year I stayed well clear of my bike and went to Cornwall waterskiing! No Breaks! Yay! :D

Life's a bitch ! Came off the P7 and fractured my right wrist in early July 2 weeks before i was due to go to Cyprus on holiday. Could only paddle in the kids pool but compensated by getting happily drunk most days ! Wrist was in plaster for 10 weeks. :cool:

Back