Retro Watches................... ?

magicmistertea

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
i just brought myself a Vostok watch, well 2 actually 1 new and 1 retro !! :LOL:
i have now decided to start colecting retro watches. :roll:
i was wondering if anyone else is in to retro watches ?
ive also got an original Animal pro series. from the very first line of watches when animal started making them. :cool: its much nicer than the crap they sell now !!
ive also got a vintage accurist shockmaster.

now i want a vintage seiko divers watch, and a nice tag h watch of any description.

:oops:

Me, I collect them too.

Vostok are great as many of the Russian watches. Poljot bought a load of machinery of Valjoux (they used to make the movement for Rolex Daytona chronograps) and a lot of the Poljot chronos use their own version of the Valjoux movement, the parts are interchangeable with the real thing too.

I've got a few Ruskies and they keep time just as well as my Swiss/German/Italian stuff, they look more interesting though. There's something about old mechanical watches, the ticking sound they make and the contact you have with them winding them up every morning. Yeah a digital thingie for a couple of quid will keep better time but it's just not the same. They're like retrobikes, you just get more pleasure from owning/furtling with them.

Enjoy!

I collect watches ever since my grandad gave me his collection before he died. You wont like me now but Vostok are not exactly retro or cool in the watch collectors eyes although i do quite like what they represent. Now if you said old Bulova, Seiko, Longines, Tag, Tissot then you would sound like you really are a collector.

I can do repairs if you get stuck with one.

I dunno, if you look at some of the old 60s Vostocks made for party officials you'd be impressed, high beat movements, beautifuly finished calibers.

mazdaman1980":3g4gtv50 said:
I collect watches ever since my grandad gave me his collection before he died. You wont like me now but Vostok are not exactly retro or cool in the watch collectors eyes although i do quite like what they represent. Now if you said old Bulova, Seiko, Longines, Tag, Tissot then you would sound like you really are a collector.

I can do repairs if you get stuck with one.

nah dont worry i still like you :LOL:
the retro one i brought is areally cool green colour and it cost £8 posted ;) so i kind of guessed it wasnt that collectable. but it is very cool.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0280476725

The modern one i brought is because its a really bright colour and i like it. ;)
im not going to spend a fortune, but just get a collection of watches that i think look good. some of the more expensive tags ive seen look crap. so i spose for me it just personal preference. :)

tell me this isnt :cool: for £23 ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0283116209

again as i only paid £23 for it i assume its not that collectable, but its just to my taste. :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I got a vintage Buler which is lush :D :D

Its one of the led calculator looking jobbies... May have a pic somewhere ??

I too am a watch nut !! Got a few Fossil watches, the old asteroids one, the James Bond and The Dukes of Hazard Casio, and a nice Rolex for me and the wife. (She couldn't be left out even though there my passion !!!

:LOL: :D

Attachments

• buler.jpg
    buler.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,441
older sinn (forget the model) w/lemania 5100 chrono movement here. everyday wearer. absolutely bulletproof. hardly a collection however.

I have a nice 1960's 18ct (or 14ct?) gold Omega dress watch that I think might be worth a few retrobike tokens. I have a few Sieko/ Sekonda automatics and vaguely interesting LCD/ LEDs.

My own everyday watch is a huge Citizen Aquamount in titanium from 1999 - barometer, temp guage, height/ depth display - makes Casio G-Shocks look like Christmas cracker toys... :p

Back