Best 100/120mm Fork Around £300?

Tallpaul

Gold Trader
Looking at one of the 2009 Reba's, what else should i consider?

Looking for a fork around the 3.5 - 3.75lb mark. Lockout would be nice but not essential, don't need U-Turn (nor do i want the extra weight).

Budget of around £300 :)

I think something from the RL series, if it's still called that. I know my friend got an older model for about that price from CRC. However I'm converting money and weights in my head, so I might be a little off. Worth checking CRC though and see what they have in stock.

I hear the Reba is a nice fork, so if nothing else fits the price you're doing well.

I have two pairs of Fox Float RLC forks.

They both leak oil, and don't work as well as my older Marzocchi forks.

I've been impressed with what I've seen from Rock Shox over the last few years (The Maxle is a brilliant idea), and their reliability reputation appears to have recovered from the apparent problems of the late 90s/early 00s.

My view:
Don't buy Fox (over priced, underperforming, unreliable)
Buy either Marzocchi or Rock Shox.

Either way, wait a few days till VAT drops to 15% save a few extra quid. (as tax is added afterwards on websites)

i wouldnt buy fox since the whole qr court case

they havnt been in the fork market for very long so havnt made a solid dependable product yet , ive heard of a load of early forks leaking and such :?

marzocchi or rockshox for me too

grahame":3kz4ly51 said:
I have two pairs of Fox Float RLC forks.

They both leak oil, and don't work as well as my older Marzocchi forks.

I've been impressed with what I've seen from Rock Shox over the last few years (The Maxle is a brilliant idea), and their reliability reputation appears to have recovered from the apparent problems of the late 90s/early 00s.

My view:
Don't buy Fox (over priced, underperforming, unreliable)
Buy either Marzocchi or Rock Shox.

I also have two pairs of RLC forks, no leaks, no problems, very reliable. One I've had for almost 4 years now, never changed the oil, still rides beautifully, plush, and again, no leaks. I also have a Talas and it's brilliant.

perry":3endfg8r said:
i wouldnt buy fox since the whole qr court case

they havnt been in the fork market for very long so havnt made a solid dependable product yet , ive heard of a load of early forks leaking and such :?

marzocchi or rockshox for me too

Only since 1974. Not very long at all :?

Back