'FIXED' - interetsting videos

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Have a look at Fixed and Fixed 2

http://www.chargebikes.com/video/

These guys are menkal well kinda, suppose they are big twitchy BMX's and possible ex BMX riding dablers ??

anyway, an eye opener to me, makes my single speed 'city' style look very tame!

very minimalist though, no official brakes, fair enough, but no grips. :eek: and no helmet! :shock:

Cool but some of the anti social stuff lets it down.

untitled2-2.jpg

i loved fixed wheel bikes but peeps like these just get upmy nose...

if u want to do tricks buy a bmx...why ride a bike not designed for them?

i've seen pics of them riding bowls and ramps for gawds sake

Its nice to see how these bikes can be pushed, how few bits on bikes are needed and how skills can be applied to em, but just looked like a little bit like clique cool gang. Would still like one in the stable, but yeah already got a BMX and modern MTBMX to monkey about on. :D

that " hipster" and "talking about hipster" ( alhough hes on hoiliday until the 1st :( ) is very much in vogue at the moment

you have to remember those vids are on a companys site so they are marketed in a way to sell bikes that arnt made for racing and in a non competitive way , so they are showing the lifestyle aproach

alex rankin does make a damn good riding flick though , think sprung and earthed series :cool:

i think the whole "fixie" thing has sadly gone too style , i love a minimalist bike but you cant ride a bike with no brakes as fast as one with brakes . i just dont see the point of doing tricks on a bike with big wheels , you have to use a gear so small to make the flatlnd stuff feasable it greatly compromises its all round rideability , they cant go much faster than 6mph and even then they cant relax and enjoy the slow becasue they are having to constantly pedal , its like watching a trials rider doing anything but hop around

a bmx would be so much better for super ted and his mrs :LOL:

i stand by my opinion that fixed gear is brilliant for people that put in so many miles they wear out freewheels quickly and those that ride fast over long distances who rarely need to freewheel

the vids do make me want to buy a charge regardless though :LOL: :LOL:

Ace as usual Perry. :cool:

I actually went on looking for info on the Blender, and I'm sold on all of em :LOL: so yeah it works, :D really good vids

Back