Web Browsers ?

jimihendrix

MacRetro Rider
Having problems with my Browser i think :? , keep getting "PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED", forums etc are working ok i get it when trying to sign in to E-bay and most recently on CRC's site, when i click on "checkout" to pay for items i get the page connot be displayed.

I tried going into the internet settings and set the LAN to auto detect etc but no joy, using Windows XP, provider is AOL, could i download another Browser ?

Not that great with these new fangled computer thingy's, they'll never catch on if you ask me :LOL:

Sorted :cool: , it was internet explorer i was using, downloaded Firefox and have just ordered some bits from CRC no problem, works faster than IE too :)

Cheers buddy ;)

welcome to the 21st century lol,most of us here have been on firefox for the last 3 years at least :)

stew-b":31sd3v5r said:
welcome to the 21st century lol,most of us here have been on firefox for the last 3 years at least :)

Proper Retro dude me :LOL: , i'm gettin there though, took me four years to learn how to post pics and links :D

Only just upgraded my 10 year old Nokia mobile :)

Firefox + AdblockPlus + filterset G updater

also Smoothwheel, CustomiseGoogle (Add-ons), & Littlefox (extension)

I like safari, very simple and fast, visually more appealing than firefox. And a wonderful spell check on everything you type.

kaiser":3edaw9i8 said:
I like safari, very simple and fast, visually more appealing than firefox. And a wonderful spell check on everything you type.
Firefox has a built in spell checker too ;)

You can alter the appearance of Firefox with extensions & FF3 is pretty damn fast!

jimihendrix":396fb65c said:
stew-b":396fb65c said:

Proper Retro dude me :LOL: , i'm gettin there though, took me four years to learn how to post pics and links :D

Only just upgraded my 10 year old Nokia mobile :)

Firefox is built on Netscape Navigator code which came before poopey IE

Latest posts

Back