Garage Security

richie-t

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've now got 3 bikes (yeah, thanks you lot) and in need of something to improve garage security. I'm getting more worried that someone will bust in and take the lot. At the moment ive got one long cable wrapping all 3 together and round the ladder leg too.

BUT the garage door itself is just the simple lock.

anyone used one of these before?

PJB301_b.jpg

other suggestions welcome.

The defender thing looks pretty good, seen em in motorcycle parts suppliers and have made myself something similar, also my garage is alarmed.
A quick and secure fix is to fit a hasp and staple at both top corners of the door and fit a couple of disc type pad locks (a bit more difficult to get bolt croppers to). The ones fitted to up and over doors are a waste of time..... sorry didn't mean to worry you !!
Scrotes round these parts are now using oxy/acetylene bottles and burning locks off, you can only do so much :(

your going the wrong way about this chap
just get one of these for the garage

Attachments

• DSC00394 [].jpg
    DSC00394 [].jpg
    79 KB · Views: 807
my garage is not attached to the flat - i nose the car up against the door at nights.

You definitely need something at the bottom of the door - round here they bend the bottom of the door up and then get inside.

But alarming the garage is a good idea.

That garage defender thing could actually attract attention to the garage i.e. 'he must have something nice in there'.
Car against the garage door is good for when you are at home. If you can, make sure if you are working in your garage that all your expensive kit is not on display to all and sundry who might happen to walk past. At the end of the day I suppose any extra security measures are better than nowt, but nothing is impossible to get past if they are determined.

Back