SJS Cycles any problems?

sinnett177

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Bought some rims and spoke nipples from SJS last week. I've used them before as they pretty good for the harder to get/old school parts, but this time i'm disappointed. Over a week on and i've not received anything (payed a decent amount in postage!) and not had a reply to my email querying my order. Before I let rip over the telephone, has anyone had a similar experience with them and how did it result. Also do you normally get a email confirmation once your order has been shipped?

Yea.. used them before , with no problems :) as regard 'email confirmation ' , it was quite a while ago when I used them so cant remember fella. . They may have gone walkies in the post, just give them a 'polite' telephone call , and see if they have been dispatched :) if not then let them av' it.. :)

I've used them. Never had a problem, but it's been a while- I can't remember how quick they posted stuff out.

Ordered headset reducer cups last Saturday and paid extra postage foe next day ( so that would be Monday)... still waiting :roll:
Will call in the morning and find out what's what.

Never had a problem with them and have purchased many an interesting bit off them.

Hope everything resolves itself.

Wouldn't use them out of principle once I found out they charge for collection if you buy from them on Ebay

FFS they are a shop, could understand if it was someone doing it in their spare time or from their house, but surely that is just downright profiteering.

Got around to speaking to SJS today. They reckon they emailed me a week ago to say that the rims I ordered are no longer available. I'm pretty switched on to my emails and sincerely doubt it was ever sent. Very disappointed in SJS, I wonder what else they advertise as in stock but don't actually have! I will try to avoid in future.

Now i'm going to have to start my search again for some Weinmann Bontrager BCR-1 rims.

I called today to find out what happened to my parts. They have delivered them to my billing (old and miles away) address even though I filled in the separate shipping address. Problem is, the chap who lives at my old address is in India for the next 6 weeks. Great.
they don't want to know even though its not my fault the sent out to the wrong address. Now got to buy another if I want to finish my build!

Won't be buying it from there thats for sure!

They often stock very useful bits, but they can be a strange bunch.

They previously had a "flat rate postage" policy for small items.
They wanted £5 to mail a single item (jockey wheel or similar) that actually cost less than £5 to buy. They refused to just bung it in a jiffy bag with 50p postage on it. Maybe they've wised-up now?

A month or 2 ago they had a sale on some of their Rohloff-ready MTB frames... but only those in 1 specific colour.

A friend ordered one; They billed his card before they sent the goods; No frame arrived; They eventually informed him they were out of stock of that discounted colour.

I said he should refuse the refund onto his card & suggest they send him the same frame in the remaining colour. And to refer any dispute to his credit card company.

...but I think he let it go.

And they're CLOSED on Saturdays! Really.

And another thing... :LOL: ...they charge "custom" prices for (very well made) Taiwanese frames that all seem to have tiny headtubes (not great, as they're touring bikes). Then they spec a long, flat stem and add a huuuuuge stack of steerer-tube spacers to bring the bars up high enough.

All the 26 inch touring bikes pictured on their site are shown like this.
Somehow, I'm not impressed by the idea of paying top dollar for a bike that looks like an ill-fitting dog's dinner that has been bodged to fit the rider.

Thank you.
As you were... :LOL:

Back