So, how to drop weight quickly?

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I've ballooned, no two ways about it, from being a pure lazy wee shite and comfort eating/drinking when I'm bored during the week, which is most nights. Sadly I don't have a bike built up yet - this will however change very soon though. Working in an office and being sat on my arse all day doesn't help much either, meh!

Now, I can't run, I get stitches in my sides too quickly and they bloody hurt, ironically I can cycle for miles and miles and miles and nothing bothers me. On top of this I can't afford to join a gym, certainly not at the extortionate London 'prices'. So....how do I drop four stones quickly - any ideas??? With the onset of dark nights I'm at a loss myself.

I used to have the Pennines and Hamsterley on my doorstep, then I moved down here and now seem to only have Crystal Palace Park (oh joy....not!). Oh and I don't drive.

Help?

crash diet

:LOL:

a lot of people dont realise they are just eating more than they are using up , simply moving the body more will bring it into balance

i suggest just going out for a wander around for half to and hour an evening

ill leave all the empty calories , proteins , carbs to other people to bring into the discusion but just a little bit of walking will help

I think it's time I got off the train on my way back from work at Forest Hill (one stop down) and walked home from there. That should hopefully be the start!

Those early mornings are evil I tell you! :evil: But it's great for conditioning being a postman. Not so great when you are addicted to titanium and other expensive metals formed into bike frames and bits... :roll: £££

thatl do it

just dont start getting competitive ( ie i did it in 11 mins yesterday ill aim for 10 today ) people will always manage to step out infront of you and you will just get pissed off :LOL:
your bound to spot some nice ladies you wouldnt have on the train :cool:

people think they can eat lettice and drink water for a week while strapping weights to their hands and feet and running 100s of miles to the gym :LOL:

it wont happen over night but doing a little over a long time will see better results in the long run without cutting out on cake and relaxing entirely

I love cake, and bacon sarnies.....and beer, and cider even more.....*sighs*

I know what needs to be done, it's the motivation question, mind is willing yet the body says 'Sod Off!' Needs to be done though. The Crystal Palace 50m Pool will be back open soon too - that will be a bonus.

swimming is good i used to to alot of that. getting some walking in your commute is a great place to start too, start small and build your way up to doing more, try not to do too much that you sicken yourself and completely stop. if you continue with it and stay active there's no reason you cant enjoy the things you like as long as its in moderation. i know i do! mind you i'm no whippet :LOL:

Back