do you live the stereotype cyclists lifestyle?

greenfinger

Retro Guru
meaning keeping fit/training, healthy eating, non smoking/drinking? or do you just live life with careless abandon and enjoy your bikes?

Kind of ;)

I ride 3 - 5 times a week

Drink a bit, 2 or 3 pints a month

Dont smoke

But I eat what I want, when I want......and that includes a probably unhealthy amount of Winegums a week! :LOL:

Don't drink 'cos I get awful hangovers and can't afford to avoid them by staying drunk. Don't understand going to the gym. Just love building bikes and riding them.

I eat what I like and smoke, but still manage to stay fit somehow. Usually one of the first to the top of the hills which baffles my friends. :LOL: Probably helps that I'm a letter carrier and all the buildings have four or five floors with stairs. Personally I think it's because I have so much fun riding that I get boundless energy. :D

All of the above but gave up smoking 6 years ago, riding bikes and going to the gym helps me eat & drink what I like. If I followed a healthy diet I would probably end up at my ideal weight, and we don't want that to happen, do we?

I used to be obese now I'm overweight, chuffed to bits.

perry":3rmnw5ea said:
since when was that the stereotypical cyclists lifestyle :?

Well its closer to being stereotypical than an overweight unfit chain smoking drunk......folk dont really associate that with sports like cycling. The reason i ask the question is i was talking to one of the guys at work today about mountain bikes and his reaction was 'oh you'll be one of those fitness fanatics then'. Now his assumption of this was understandable due to my adonis like looks and figure :cool: :LOL: but i dont go out of my way to live the 'stereotypical' lifestyle of the type he thought of. I quite like a few pints of cider, i ocassionally smoke(depending on how work is going) i tend to eat pretty much anything, but in moderation, i work hard at my job which can be pretty physical and i cycle maybe 3 times a week, depending on how many hours i'm working.

I used to, don't at the moment, but am aiming to get back into it soon...I need to, have piled on the weight and don't know how to burn it all off otherwise :cry: Decent off road riding around SE London is virtually impossible when you don't use a car :cry:

i guess my idea of the stereotypical lifestyle is different :LOL:

to me and mates its always just been about having fun , dicking around in the woods on bikes getting out and not sitting around

i guess we didnt take anything seriously , always considered that to be what the roadies were into

my physich must be out of situation not conscious thought as ive never given diet a moments notice

i remember spending at least one whole winter just riding to the pub , one time saying to a mate " hey remember when we used to ride bikes at this kinda time :LOL: " and just laughing while carrying on playing pool :LOL:

we found it strange that people would said they ride but we never saw them riding through the night into the early hours of the morning

always out for the ride not the dstination :D

Back