Lost!

rather than listening to shouty 'we're all gonna die' news, Radio 4 carried an interview that explained the Pirates' dont care what they have or who they have, just what they can get out of the owners.

The crew are in this case and others are '...well looked after and well fed, it is not in the pirates' interest to kill anyone...'.

They'll use it as an excuse to put the price of fuel up, right about the Somalian pirates not wishing to hurt anyone - well known fact it is not in their interest.

Well i dont think its funny but i am amazed our crap government has not done anything to stop or secure our 2 brits on there! Whats silly is the whole world knows whats going on yet we all sit back and do nothing, why!

Shame on Gordon! :oops:

Piracy has been a huge problem in that area for years, but for some reason it has now caught the attention of the press. There has been a recent increase with local war lords seeing piracy as a chance of easy money though, but it's no where near as uncommon as people think.

The shipping companies see this as a professional hazard and even have specific insurance to cover for losses (although I guess this latest one may just pay up out of their own pocket).

As far as 'doing something about it' the ocean is a huge place and is almost impossible to police, the pirates strike from bases on the coast and the ships are overrun (they usually have a crew of only around ten or so) before the authorities even know whats going on and the ship owners are usually happy to pay up.

Just one of the perks of a life at sea, and I really don't think we can pin this one on Gordon! (even if we might like to). :D

Back