Which retrobikers would you most like to ride with?

Kona Paul

Kona Fan
Surely many of you have ridden together, either at meets or because you know one another personally and live close by. Living in Denmark, I don't have the luxury of going to meets and seeing some of you in person, and many of you, though in the same country, aren't close enough to one another to hop on a bike and go for a sunday ride. After reading so many threads with input from so many different people, it's hard not to feel an affiliation with some, respect for many, and a general sense of well-being in the warm, cozy atmosphere created by most. So how many others have thought "I'd like to go for a ride with some of these guys" just to have a nice day out, admire one another's bikes and maybe pick up a few tricks and technique from one another. I have! So which retrobike members spring to mind if you had a chance to go for a ride with them? It doesn't have to be people who ride the same brand of bike as you, as we are a community because of our love of bikes, their simplicity, efficiency and the freedom they give, and not because we ride Kona or GT or Specialized. (To be honest, I can't remember what most of the people ride here, but there's certainly a large number of members who's input I always look forward to reading no matter what preference of steed they have.)

So let's hear it....I'll start off with John, Jez and SteveK, and will probably get another 5 names the second I post and regret not having added them! John for his diplomacy, wealth of knowledge, sense of humour and cool avitar picture. Jez for his (once) wealth of bikes, wealth of knowledge, sense of humour and and the garage I imagine stuffed to the roof with juicy, int condition Ringlé, Cook Bros and Paul's bits. SteveK because he's a cool guy with a wicked collection of bikes I'd personally like to own myself...and also at one time the only other owner of a Kona Score.

Next?

I would be happy to ride with anyone from this site because every single person i have spoken to here has been an outright friendly and reallyu helpful so it would be my pleasure.

Actually mazdaman, so would I! I guess I was thinking of the people that most stood out when I first joined. Naturally the mods are a little more visible in the forums, but before I knew Jez was a mod, I was pretty blown away by his collection of bikes (as Jez-2-many-bikes.) Impressive collection of Kona's too. :shock:

id ride with all of you,at the same time would be cool :D peaks ride this year highlighted just how many people with a fond rememberance of old bikes can get along.your all ace and welcome for a brew anytime :D

Who to ride with...? Hmmm...

Well, naturally your good self KP! :D Try and get over for one of the bigger events? Maybe HoNC now it's come to light again?

I wouldn't mind riding socially with most the folk I've corresponded with on this site in the past. (Perhaps I should try it sometime?) Loads have seemed like really nice people. Any keen single speeder such as Ed or Gil would be good company for a similar keen single speeder such as myself. Scant would make a good guide in the Welsh mountains - if you could keep up with him! Crayons is a really nice guy, Agency Scum would keep you laughing so much you couldn't pedal, Wu if you didn't mind him stopping every 10 mins for a change of attire and a whole host of others that I can't even begin to name without running out of room on the thread - there's just too many to list and I can't think of them all!!! Sorry guys, my fingers were knotting trying to type all your names out!

I guess to be fair I'd be happy and more suited to riding with someone who rides their bike a fair bit and pushes themselves 'cause that's one of the main things about cycling for me. I don't mind the occasional social ride though but generally prefer to go fairly hard (for a part time cyclist).

:D

i'm happy to ride with anyone who isnt bothered by my 2 steps forward, 3 steps back climbing ability!

Hmm, nice Q.

Always keen to ride with other retrobikers, our meets and rides are always good with a wide mix of riders and bikes (sorry, quick plug ;) ).

Reckon it'd have to be Repack Rider, probably on Mt Tam.

mazdaman1980":210ont5c said:
I would be happy to ride with anyone from this site because every single person i have spoken to here has been an outright friendly and reallyu helpful so it would be my pleasure.

So would i TBH.

One problem i've found consistent from other forums aswell is that at meets you generally don't know who's who unless its someone you know quite well. Be a good idea to have some sort of badge/sticker or something with the user id on.... or is it just me who remembers ppl on forums by there user id :oops:

Back