Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:53 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: Its official - Im a wuss
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:20 am 
Old School Hero

Riding to work this morning, it was about 06.45, riding along a nice quiet country lane when BANG........ The Beast leapt out at me and began a frenzied attack on my legs, tearing at the bone and spitting out lumps of flesh!!

At least thats what flashed through my mind when a stoopid deer decided to bound out the hedgerow, scaring the bejeezus out of poor little me :(

I actually had to stop and have a minute, my heart rate had leapt from about 145 to 170 in the blink of an eye.

It set me thinking about when Im driving and I actually duck down if a pheasant or other daft winged animal flaps up in front of the car, although I guess at least with the deer, it could have knocked me off instead of just making me need to clean my leggings befored the ride home :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:24 am 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

PeeBeds wrote:
It set me thinking about when Im driving and I actually duck down if a pheasant or other daft winged animal flaps up in front of the car

x 2 :oops:

And if a car or lorry pass particularly close, I flinch and move over to the left! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:12 am 
South East AEC
South East AEC

Pickle wrote:
PeeBeds wrote:
It set me thinking about when Im driving and I actually duck down if a pheasant or other daft winged animal flaps up in front of the car

And if a car or lorry pass particularly close, I flinch and move over to the left! :lol:

x3 I see a pattern emerging

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:42 am 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

I love playing Playstation motocross games (nearest to a decent bikey game there is, the MTB ones are geberally SHIT) and always find myself pulling back on the controller if I need more speed on a jump :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:18 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

Cycling along I noticed a dead badger road kill, not too common so deserved a second glance as I went past. This had the effect of allowing the collar of my jacket to flap in the wind in my ear. Mentally I processed this as the badger resurrecting itself and pouncing on me. To say I shit myself would be an understatement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:07 pm 
Old School Hero

kaiser wrote:
Cycling along I noticed a dead badger road kill, not too common so deserved a second glance as I went past. This had the effect of allowing the collar of my jacket to flap in the wind in my ear. Mentally I processed this as the badger resurrecting itself and pouncing on me. To say I shit myself would be an understatement.

Woah, thats a bit too far out there.......resurrecting badgers? Flapping ears? You need to drink more water when your riding ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:32 pm 
South East AEC
South East AEC

kaiser wrote:

Whats in your water bottle ?

Can i have some ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:38 pm 
Retro Guru

TheGreenRabbit wrote:
Pickle wrote:
PeeBeds wrote:

x3 I see a pattern emerging

x4

Would this be the pattern?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:46 pm 
West Midlands AEC
West Midlands AEC

We were coming back from Spa a few years back .... No Kidding we had millions of pounds of race cars on the transporter + its trailer ....

A pheasant stepped out in front of us about 10 miles from Home and my old man I kid you not nearly turned the whole lot over trying to miss the STUPID FU@KING THING!!!! :shock: :shock:

I was speachless ..... I could see it now ... Yeah sorry mate your priceless car is written off but dont worry ... The bird is fine!!! ha.ha :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:07 am 
Anglian AEC / Prison Ship Captain
Anglian AEC / Prison Ship Captain

i must be the only retrobiker thats got balls here :lol: :lol: :lol: takes a lot to shit me up i blame the forces for my desencitising and my "no worrys il do it but i couldn't careless" attitude or it could be the fact my towns filled with zombie flesh eating morons that cant drive so you get used to things flying at you from all angles :lol: :lol: :lol: