Help- Postage?

BarneyRubble

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi Everybody,

I could use a bit of help in terms of quoting for postage. I'm new to the selling old parts lark and haven't really got a clue how much to add for postage on the bits I want to sell. If anyone could give me an accurate idea on the following I'd be very grateful! (UK postage - parcelforce):

Sus forks + Wheel
Complete Hope Brake
Saddle
V-Brake + Lever
Full Sus frame, no fork

Thanks!! :D

Best bet is everything goes first class recorded or special delivery until it gets too big and then ALWAYS use a courier, never use Parcel Force (do a search!).

Maximum prices should be about a £8-£20 for a frame depending upon value, smaller parts should not be more than £5-£6 with insured special delivery (next day upto £500). Don't forget that Royal Mail cover up to £35 if you get proof of purchase, but the recorded/special services mean that people can't lie about stuff turning up. Just saves the hassle of claiming.

Go to your local post office (that's a bit of a joke these days.....LOCAL!!).
They have a booklet with details of postage costs for national and international packets & parcels. I wouldn't be without the copy I have. ;)

Trick is to find the description for what constitutes a 'small packet'. They are the biggest parcels you can send Royal Mail and not Parcel Force. There are maximum dimensions if you can find them. (Saves embarrassing repacking in the Post Office!)

Latest posts

Back