Anyone here work for a furniture company or even retail ??

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Grrrrrrr I am well savage!! :evil:

Dad ordered a settee on June 1st paid a deposit

got a call last Friday to say it was here ( to be honest we had forgotton about it )

settee arrives about an hour ago, we paid the outstanding bill and as they are cleaning it up its noticed that the zip is broken on the right arm.

The delivery bloke rings up the office and is told either they take it away again and bring our old one back in and send it back to Italy to be repaired (while holding our money) or leave the sofa with us and get a new arm ordered and sent ( could be another 12 weeks )

Quite honestly I felt pretty cheased off with the options and rang up to talk to this utter toss pot ... its been 5 months since we ordered it and now have a faulty product I would of thought to take the product as it is for what could be another 12 weeks some sort of discount isnt much to ask considering how much we paid. To which he got all gobby and shirty and said NO .

So I said to him fine take it away again and we will have our money back, Now THIS is what I want to know ... He said that they legally have the right to take the sofa back with the chance to repair it and return in a reasonable time while keeping our money???

Is this correct?

Would love to hear from someone with experence in this field?

Cheers

Dave

Re: Anyone here work for a furniture company or even retail

daj":jv7soozo said:
So I said to him fine take it away again and we will have our money back, Now THIS is what I want to know ... He said that they legally have the right to take the sofa back with the chance to repair it and return in a reasonable time while keeping our money???

Is this correct?

Would love to hear from someone with experence in this field?

Cheers

Dave

That's true. You have to give them a chance to either repair or replace the item. If you are still unsatisfied with the item after this then you can request a refund. :)

Did you pay by Credit card?, I find that threatening to claim on the credit card insurance had a fair bit of weight behind it, and had got me refunds when they have refused at first.

Xesh":1tadp0jr said:
with the chance to repair it and return in a reasonable time

I suppose you need to figrue out what is a reasonable time? I'd expect them to be able to source someone to repair it locally and them pay the cost rather than having to send it back to italy for repair.

Thats what I wanted to know .... It took 5 months to get the thing ?? And guess what they havent returned a phone call to let me know :roll:

according to trading standards they have up to 6 weeks to repair/replace the item, although the item is 'not fit for purpose' so they are required to offer a refund. if they get shirty again just say 'ok thank you for your help. i will contact trading standards and we will go from there.' then watch them squirm! :D

Does anyone know if the guy selling furniture on the bend on Springbank has gone? I haven't seen him for over a month now. Thanks

You have to give them the reasonable opportunity to make good, either by replacement or repair - provided it is a decent quality of workmanship a repair is perfectly acceptable, although replacement is naturally what most folk would desire.

Ultimately it would be for a court to decide, but I would contend a 12 week turnaround is unacceptable unless they're providing you a temporary bum perch of equivalent size/quality.

Back