Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:56 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:46 am 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Easy_Rider wrote:
Not again Pickle!

No, not me this time, I was meaning 'not again' to ANOTHER scammer on this site :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:57 am 
Mr Benn
Mr Benn

Right,

this is simple.

Unfortunately the 50 posts idea won't work and won't be implemented because of the simple fact that it is NO safeguard. Anyone rogue trader could simply hang around a few days, notch up 50 posts posing as the loveliest and most charming retrobiker, and on post 51 start ripping people off.

I've had a couple of duff sales experiences on here with people that have got hundreds of posts and had fantastic and generous ones with members with just a handful. That's just how a classified section based on trust and community functions. And this forum is both bloody trustworthy made up of a great community.

We are genuinely sorry that this has happened to you mate, it's so rubbish that some people will do this. It really is.

I would recommend the bottom line is to go by the feedback threads in future, they speak volumes. If anything's even slightly iffy, then trust your instinct and walk away.

We are pro-active in policing this forum and we do take bad experiences seriously. Keeping this site running as smoothly as it does takes a fair amount of work put in by a small number of people and we really do try hard to make it a fair place to come and play. There is just little one can do but warn people to be extra careful if buying from an unknown entity. Unfortunately.

And it's a credit to the members of this forum that (IMO) it's the friendliest and most trusting and most Karma active place I've found on the net or in the bike world at large. So I'd like to hear 3 cheers for the majority of the members on here and let's stick together and remember to use that feedback forum when you make a transaction - because this is exactly why it's there.

Now, go and apologise to your cat and kick something deserving next time like a vandal or a thief. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:59 am 
Retro Guru

edited as my anger has subsided

Last edited by andy.l on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:04 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

There will always be shitbags who take advantage of honest people and that will never change no matter what rules you put in place

I refuse to stop trusting people and seeing as our whole society is based on that ideology, it seems to work ok most of the time

Been here a while now and although i came close to being ripped by Konamad (bit of gentle persuasion got me a refund) I find this a very honest trading environment and can't see what else can be done by the members or the mods.

Has anyone actually got this blokes address?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:08 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Back on track..........

I have been communicating with badronald by e-mail (I can give this to you- just pm) and he has informed me that my package was at the sorting office and has now been posted :roll: - he has also told me that he will/has refunded cjax as his package is lost?

Is this tru cjax?

I suppose time will tell, the goods will arrive or will not?

I have learnt my lesson, get personal details for newbies, paypal is always good and be a bit more cynical (sorry to say).

99% of the regular guys and gals on here are fabby- love the community spirit and everyone should pat themselves on the back for making this place a great hangout.
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:38 am 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

i have a bit of an idea. firstly we all need to accept the fact that if someone wants to rip someone off then they will do it. maybe not to you, but they will do it.

if you are suspicious contact the seller and ask if they will accept a cheque or postal order and ask for a postal address. if they refuse there's something dodgy. of course they could give you a false address... paypal isnt always the answer. for a start a lot of transactions are being done as a personal gift which offers no protection. also paypal claims are nearly always unsucessful to my knowledge.

this is a great place to buy and sell. no amount of protection is going to stop the very odd person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:01 pm 
Retro Guru

I am with the mods on this one. I think this site does everything it can to provide a safe place to trade, apart from that it is up to us to be comfortable in a deal. I think the guidance provided in Wu's post above is spot on - if dealing with a new seller (with no feedback thread) then find out as much as possible before hand or see if someone close to the seller will pick up the item for you. I think the feedback thread is ace, and would encourage everyone to leave feedback for everything they do!

Trouble is there are scrotes around. I am as soft as poo, and am always paranoid when I sell stuff that the buyer won't be happy. Other people don't care. Such is life. Protect yourself from these people as much as you can without becoming cynical to everyone. Stay happy. Peace, love, RetroBIKE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:27 pm 
Dirt Disciple

No one has been ripped off, I have lost items in the post which i tracked down and have reposted, if anyone does not get their items i have offered a refund. The reason I have been slow in responding is because i have been in and out of hospital for tests on my eyes. I am sorry for any hassle caused, I am not a scammer and wish to get this situation sorted asap.
Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:31 pm 

sorry to hear about your time in hospital, thanks for posting on the thread mate- I'm sure we can all put this behind us once all goods have arrived/refunded.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:42 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru

Location: busy forgetting how to edge flip on a 11x11 monster cube///...
group hug :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next