Prescription cycling Sunglasses - any experience ??

psyclone1976

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm thinking about getting some prescription glasses for riding with. Getting pissed off using contacts all the time, especially off road as mud and stuff can dislodge them, seen a few brands but wanted to see if anyone has any experience with any of them or recommendations.
:cool:

I have a pair of sports glasses that I got from Tesco £40 (inc eye test)

They're OK for the money, but probably not as good quality as top brand names.

But saying that, I don't care if the lenses scratch a little, or if I drop them, tis only £40, not £140

Here's a pic of them: http://www.flickr.com/photos/flyingpie/456889241/

The ones that I have aren't on Tesco on-line opticians, but they are in-store in the opticians in Tesco.

Andy B":3rrmbq6o said:
The ones that I have aren't on Tesco on-line opticians, but they are in-store in the opticians in Tesco.

they look good for the money, might get a pair myself.

They look good an cheap but i'd prefer something that I can change the lenses in for different riding conditions as I commute and have to be in the office at 06:30am, knwo they will cost bucks tho :cry:

I use a pair of Osiris frames with "Shooters Yellow" lenses from Specsavers :shock: Really good for night riding and dusk, but equilly good in sunny conditions.

£125 though :(

Oh, and aparently they make me look like Ali G :LOL: Especially when i wear my skull cap :roll:

Otherwise have a gander at www.rxsport.co.uk

You can select up to 6 pairs and they will send them to you to try before you buy which was super useful if your not sure what style will suite you :idea: They do loads of styles, and lots with lenses that are interchangeable.

Back