Modern build teaser - now all built with pictures!

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Just got sent a photo of a new bike part I'm having built for my modern Seven. In the words of Mr Rolf Harris, 'can you guess what it is yet?':

Attachments

• teaser.jpg
    teaser.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 1,383
P20":1juo1j8u said:
A Joneseque fork with 20mm Maxle??
Looks nice btw :cool:

You're no fun are you! First guess and it's all over. Yup, a 20mm Black Sheep Eon fork with a few interesting twists from the standard one. Stunning welds, every bit as good as the ones on my frame (slightly less good photos):

Attachments

• 100_1682.jpg
    100_1682.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,370
  • 100_1681.jpg
    100_1681.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,370
pete_mcc":3mq473ox said:
P20":3mq473ox said:
A Joneseque fork with 20mm Maxle??
Looks nice btw :cool:

You're no fun are you! First guess and it's all over. Yup, a 20mm Black Sheep Eon fork with a few interesting twists from the standard one. Stunning welds, every bit as good as the ones on my frame (slightly less good photos):

Sorry do you want me to delete that? :LOL:
Very nice :cool: Be interesting to see what you make of the ride. A Jones would probably, make it on to the 'lottery list' simply out of curiosity :D

This bike is turning in to my lottery bike, fortunately I had a big redundancy payout a few months back and so it's recompense for all the shit I had to put up with a hellish firm of evil twats! The bike is now coming together but will be another couple of weeks before it's all in the country, so far we have:

Seven custom (half a Sola, half a Verve - it's more burly than a Sola so they didn't want to use double butted everywhere)
Black Sheep truss forks
Jones H bars
Moots stem
Moots seatpost
Brooks Ti Swallow
Actiontec cassette and rings
Hope proII 20mm front on EX823 ust
Hope singlespeed rear (running as a dishless 6 speed) on XM819 ust
Royce BB
Frog Ti
Dura Ace gears (forge mounted shifters)
Hope minis
Cooks cranks and skewers

Full photos to follow....

That sound nice, bloody light i'd imagine :twisted:
looking forward to the photos :)

saw some Royce disc wheels for sale t'other day and thought if your Seven - its going to be a little smasher isnt it?!

theboy":1mnsvjud said:
saw some Royce disc wheels for sale t'other day and thought if your Seven - its going to be a little smasher isnt it?!

I saw those as well, now if they came with a 20mm front axle I would have bitten his hand off!!

I'd be wary of Royce wheels. I had a set of the original non disc ones, which the bearings didn't last very long. :? There was no adjustment on the bearings either.
Nayfinesse has also had his rear Royce bearings replaced about 4 times now at about £50 a time by Royce :shock:

Back