Magazine Subs

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Ok, now I always thought the entire point to having as mag sub was so you didn't get hassle in getting hold of your mag of choice.

But no.

Every time I renew my 'Bike' sub, it goes wrong. Last time the mags spent months going round the world and getting post stamps including Vietnam (!) and INdia before getting to me here in the UK a few weeks after Borders had them on the shelves.

This time, they won't accept the card payment for some reason and have sugggested a manula post payment. Of course the charges change every time you enquire, but now I have that classic "don't know which issue will arrive as the first, so do I buy next month's in a shop or not?" issue.

And I just took one out at 'Car' mag and as usual there's no communication. Am i being charged a one off payment or a rolling DD? Which issue is coming first? WIll I get my Steven Bayley car book or not?

And just looking at my copy of Monocle here, and it's cheaper by £15 to buy off the shelf than sub. Work that one out?

I tell you, it's easier popping down to Borders (even if it is only in major cities - 'cept Brighton - which certainly isn't a major city even if it likes to think it is... ;) )

Rant almost over - there's bound to be more before there's less if you know what i mean.

:roll:

Have you tried 'magazine cafe'? I had a sub to an american tri mag and they were brill.

If you don't get the next issue, you are welcome to mine, just let me know

Usually get it in Borders (seems Cambridge must be a big city then?) and once read goes for recycling or given away

Have you got the current one ok?

Latest posts

Back