Ford fiesta's ??

heathy

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Following on from the threads earlier this year, the wife has now decided again that she wants to change her car.

She has found this 54 plate fiesta 1.4 zetec and is now talking about getting it.

So, again does anyone have any thoughts or experiences with them, any horror stories :?:

Thanks.....

i worked in a ford stealership for a while (my mate still does) and to be fair they are a sound little car (no inherent horrors to really speak of)
bit too new for my own taste (not very retro is it now ;) ) but they do everything you need a car to do and now the new shape has just come out should be cheap too
if the price is right go for it just make sure its not a poverty spec model as with so many about spec and condition is paramount with these things

rob

Well I'd recommend it. Spent ages test driving cars for the wife Aug 2003. Bought a 1.4LX (?) brand new and never had a problem with it - loads of room for wife, kids, shopping etc, cheap to run, insure, service etc. One of the best cars I ever bought*. I even use it myself some days :oops:

(*except for the X3, M3, Subaru Impreza, Integrale Evo etc)

Oh yeah Heathy, I see you misquoted me in your signature - it was "middle rings for losers!" :LOL:

quite zingy. great chassis. good weighted steering. Nice cars. Not sure of ownership issues as have only ever hired them.

Other's of the same era can be better equipped/ finished, but I'd imagine they are good value as there a a fair few out there.

The 1.4 TDCI felt rough compared to the French HDI's and DCI's, but i'd still opt for it. Mine gives 70mpg averagely.

Well, just checked out the ncap web site too, seems ok.
Kev, does yours have isofix in the back :?:

She works for a division of Hitachi that lease cars and vans an trucks and get them in cheap after they have been leased out, this one's come up cheap ;)
I'll keep you posted ;)

heathy":1fdshzdt said:
Well, just checked out the ncap web site too, seems ok.
Kev, does yours have isofix in the back :?:

No mate. At least I don't think so :?

my mum has one and all she does is moan :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: "its too slow, too basic, too small, too plasticy" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: she had to 'downsize' after splitting up with my dad and was used to much bigger more expensive cars for the past 25 years so i think that's coloured her judgement a bit :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: i've driven it loads and it seems a nice little car to me :D

only thing I would be wary of having worked for a ford owned company for a long time... If you buy from a dealer a car thats either 9 months old 18 months etc they more than likely been "options" cars which have had the arse torn out of them? :shock:

great little cars,we had one last year and was very happy with it,good honest reliasble cars.easy and cheap to run/repair.but not as cool and retro as the one in me workshop

when i got it
mymk1xr2035.jpg

pre strip down to restore
traxn2ndupdate025.jpg

currently :(
DSC00902.jpg

Longy, is that a naughty little Mk1 XR2??

I had a MkII XR2 BITD, fully colour coded red, RS Turbo cylinder head, K&N air filer......god it was a bloody rocket ship! But, it did like its juice, should have brought shares in Esso with that car :LOL:

Back