Protocol on Wanted forum

Kestonian

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Evening

Question for the board:

If someone puts up a thread on the wanted forum asking for something, and you reply offering what they're after (or a close alternative)

- How long should you wait for them to contact you or say they're not interested?
- If other people express an interest via PM, should you sell to them or offer through the For Sale section?

Thoughts ....

1 - depends if they're a regular poster - I'd leave a bit longer if they don't log on that often

2 - if then they do not get back to you, sell to the person who PM's you - I wouldn't bother putting it through the for sale

1- up to you, its your item, If they want it bad enough they will be keeping an eye open for replies.
2- Up to you its your item.

Honestly, it is up to you.

I would PM the person as well as the post on the thread though.

If you don't want to wait sell to whoever PM's you if you accept the price ans just say offer has unfortunatly gone.

When you respond to the thread and/or PM them they should have been sent an email anyway.

I'd say 48 hrs, then it's first come first served.
(aye, I'd pm them first, too)

or

Ten minutes, and then hound them with emails every five minutes putting the price up.

One of the above, anyway............... :p

JeRkY":1cykbp5p said:
1- up to you, its your item, If they want it bad enough they will be keeping an eye open for replies.
2- Up to you its your item.

agreed. if they don't get back to you in what you consider a reasonable time then move it on elsewhere. I'm as guilty as the next man but we're all far too polite here sometimes :LOL: , know i've missed on sales because I've held dibs and waited for people who later back out.

That's kind of what I'd figured

If PersonA puts up a thread saying "I want a Widget" then PersonB gets in touch via PM, PersonA (in my book) has dibs for the next couple of days or so.

Then they pass to PersonB

Not that I've had a problem with this, just wondering if other people thought the same way.

How quaint we all are :D

Back