explorer V firefox eBay view.

stew-b

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
is it just me or does firefox give you a really crap new format when looking at an item?? the same item in explorer gives me the old and far better view..how can i get the old view back in firefox,i cant see an opt out option in ebay or is it firefox thats done it??
top pic is explorer,lower is firefox.

explorer.jpg

firefox.jpg

I have the same issue on both ie & FF, You have to clear all history and cookies in both and then login, search, and then opt out of new (crappy) search. This seems to cure for a while.

The only thing I like with the newer search is that you dont have to refresh when watching those retro items go under the hammer ;)

Gravy Monster":208j82fs said:
The only thing I like with the newer search is that you dont have to refresh when watching those retro items go under the hammer ;)

this is the ONLY good bit of it,the rest is truely awful,a huge step backwards.i really dont want to clear my cache,cookies etc though..

stew-b":3ndbx06n said:
i really dont want to clear my cache,cookies etc though..

Browse the cookie folder and delete the ebay ones instead, it'll be pretty obvious which ones to delete.

incidently, i think the "opt out" feature is now on the my ebay main page, top right, can also opt back in if your crazy enough, or you want to spend an extra 6 days searching for the part that would normally take 6 seconds

i opted out earlier, thought i was on planet zog after four pints of bitter but came to my senses and saw through ebay's dirty trick :shock: :D

cleared cookies etc and there is still no opt out.there was one a few months back but i also remember reading that if you opted out it would only last a certain amount of time..i think im stuck with it...

swap your prob for mine...just lately its been taking ages to view my emails on firefox....anybody else got this ?

Back