any hope disc brake experts on here?

MAXTHEROTTI

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
yeah was me
figured was worth a stab at £30
cant be any worse than the avid 3,s im on :shock:
that will do for the rear and get a newer mono 6 for the front :twisted:

rob

MAXTHEROTTI":pe4x19ys said:
cant be any worse than the avid 3,s im on :shock:

Hey, I like those brakes! :D

But, TBH I have never used any other disc brakes :oops:

its a hope enduro or dh4 depending who you speak to. super nice brakes but a bit grabby .... ok if you 16 stone plus though as i used to be!

hoegaardenadds1":29el6efv said:
its a hope enduro or dh4 depending who you speak to. super nice brakes but a bit grabby .... ok if you 16 stone plus though as i used to be!

should be good for me then im 'cough slightly over 16 stone cough'
lol

rob

MAXTHEROTTI":1zkytmyt said:
cant be any worse than the avid 3,s im on

Avid Juicy 3s? You know why they're called juicy don't you? It's because they leak all the time.

BTW the brake is an M4 which came out a couple of years before they changed them to Mono M4s. I've found the lever feel of these brakes to be quite variable. Sometimes they feel really positive and other times they feel as spongy as a victoria sponge cake in sponge land. ;)

no leaks on the avids just not as powerfull as i would like
the lever feel on the rear hope i have feels really good actually nice and positive with minimal free play just how i like

rob
ps have a new mono m4 (i think ?? its the black one with the gold caps in the caliper)coming for the front :twisted:

Back