thick sod alert - idiot + cycle rack + car = pain

richie-t

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
i tried out a cycle rack which was given to me by my neighbour yesterday.

i appreciate they are not rocket science but somehow mine went wrong.

I know what you're thinking, the bikes fell off? no, almost worse than that.

the bloody PEDAL SCRAPED ALL THE PAINT OF MY BOOT. F***ING HELL.

:LOL: Nearly as bad as my cousin, by marriage, not a blood relation. He put a bike rack on the roof of his nice new VW people carrier, put on his daughter's new bikes, 2 of them, drove out of the car park which had a height restriction barrier on it :LOL: He trashed the bikes but I think the car was ok :?
I could go on with the dumbass stuff he's done but I'd be better writing a book and selling it.....................

My brother in law tried to shut the hatchback with the rack supports hooked in the wrong places,after the finally got it shut he realized he'd now moulded the hatch around the hooks :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
He's a solicitor,but has absolutely zero practical skills

im getting over it now, at least my car is only worth about 900 quid.

if i had a more expensive car i'd have puked hard!

xlite barend plugs scratched the roof on me volvo but only lightly..there is a large stick on rubber sheet there now to help.....have 3 racks on top plus cycle carrier on the back now .......got this so i dont crush the bike in carparks....

I had lent a rarely used roofbox to a mate and had picked it up from him one morning. We later went out with some friends for a walk with the kids and drove to some woods with a height restricted car park...

...what happened is obvious (genuinely forgot it was on top!), but the friends stopping in front after the event and saying that they were wondering how we were going to fit kinda made me grumpy!

It always scares me driving behind someone with a badly attached bike rack. Imagine a 40lb apollo s*!t heap bouncing into some tender body work.
It's a fine and points on your licence if you cause an accident!

BITD, i caught a telegraph pole with the over hang of a bike rack, while reversing. Bent a wheel, broke a USE Spinstix skewer. Pierced the outer skin of the boot lid... doh!! :oops:

Back