Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:58 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: A Singlespeeders smile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:15 pm 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:35 am
Posts: 12267
Location: Penarth
My commute home takes me up a shortish but v.steep hill, which of course I try and race anyone on it.
Tonight a came up behind a guy, and sprinted past him....as I passed I heard..crunch...slip...clunk...and 'fecking stupid frigging bike' as he tried to change gear....
Couldn't stop laughing :lol:
Singlespeeds ROCK


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:31 pm 
Pumpy's Bear
Pumpy's Bear
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:03 pm
Posts: 8145
Location: Hereford
Singlespeeds rock like the Ace of Spades turned up to 11


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:15 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 10:30 am
Posts: 1729
Location: colchester
i ride a single speed, but the opposite hapeened to me! went to crank hard, wheel slipped in frame, chain fell off! severe balls to stem interface! luckily i have two kids already!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:59 pm 
East Midlands AEC
East Midlands AEC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:45 pm
Posts: 15067
Location: Derby, UK
I'm starting to think I may do the Wobble on singlespeed :shock: the thought of crunchy gears in welsh muck really doesn't appeal... we're not exactly going to be going at race speed anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:18 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20775
Location: Sol Kitts
ededwards wrote:
Singlespeeds rock like the Ace of Spades turned up to 11




:lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:01 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:19 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Bristol, England
hoegaardenadds1 wrote:
went to crank hard, wheel slipped in frame, chain fell off!


Run a nutted axle AND a chain tug! (fixed rocks even harder!)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:16 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 11:25 pm
Posts: 1913
Location: North Herts
Quote:
like the Ace of Spades turned up to 11


remember this ad? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs0WCUZqoJg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:06 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:57 pm
Posts: 900
Location: Leeds
orange71 wrote:
I'm starting to think I may do the Wobble on singlespeed :shock: the thought of crunchy gears in welsh muck really doesn't appeal... we're not exactly going to be going at race speed anyway.


If i do it ill be running single speed. No idea what geat to use though. I normally use 44 *16 but ther is no why i would cope with that


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:07 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:57 pm
Posts: 900
Location: Leeds
Cab wrote:
hoegaardenadds1 wrote:
went to crank hard, wheel slipped in frame, chain fell off!


Run a nutted axle AND a chain tug! (fixed rocks even harder!)



Slighty off topic and i may well set up a seperate thread for this at some point but can anyone recomend a good fixed gear chain. Im sick of mine snapping.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:42 am 
98+ BoTM Winner / Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:58 pm
Posts: 3520
Location: the Netherlands
s_zigmond wrote:
Cab wrote:
hoegaardenadds1 wrote:
went to crank hard, wheel slipped in frame, chain fell off!


Run a nutted axle AND a chain tug! (fixed rocks even harder!)



Slighty off topic and i may well set up a seperate thread for this at some point but can anyone recomend a good fixed gear chain. Im sick of mine snapping.


Rohloff S L T 99 (you can use their Trial version on SS also) SLT chain


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adruzzz and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group