Artists (fine art?)

probably doesn't help, but my brother does a lot of art work - gets commissions etc.

I have a feeling Pinguwin is an artist too.

jez-4-bikes-max":zuln9dar said:
I've been getting back into painting again (mainly acrylics etc) and thoroughly enjoying it.

Anyone here paint?

spitoon is your man :cool:

Not done painting for a while, not that good anymore - out of practice, I used to be an airbrush artist until computers wiped that out, most art is family based now (outside of work that is) so it is things like Trainsets and the odd fun canvas, I do a lit bit of carving and mini clayworks occasionally too. Nothing I'd be willing to show here. :)

mrs bear and myself just did our first batch of paintings since leaving uni for a show we had. it was very liberating and enjoyable to spend a month away from the screens. hopefully we'll be doing a bit more now.
:D

Voyeur

Going to see Rothko, Turner Prize and the Saatchi stuff this weekend - does that count....

Mr K

i use acrylics and occasionaly chinese inks(waterproof and hard wearing) on leather jackets but i havent done it in a while .i also make things as well....currently have a little something im making now that will raise a few eyebrows .will show it/him off when im dun......... :D

I have a GNVQ Advanced thingy in art & design - I used to go around doing watercolours for pubs (all chocolateboxy style).

Dont get time anymore... :cry:

The Ken":1wrmgtii said:
I do a lit bit of carving and mini clayworks occasionally too. Nothing I'd be willing to show here. :)

When you say mini clayworks.... what sort of stuff?
At a conference recently I met the guys that are responsible for those gamesworkshop lead figures. Cool dudes considering I've never been into that stuff. My A-level tutor said I had talent with the clay but it was wasted on me!.... now I do it for a living, turning designer's sketches into scale/fullsize clay models :cool: My only regret was not paying enough attention to German lessons at school..... the amount of time I've ended up working in Germany. That's where all the automotive design centres are now!

As for painting, my oil on board is more emulsion on plaster nowadays. :LOL:

boy"O"boy

Back