So we are all retrogrouches?

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Not having the right of reply, this article is a bit disparaging of anything over 5 minutes old. Especially as the guy is paid to promote everything new. If he'd been around in the same job 25 years ago, I'm sure he'd be saying how great everything was then.

https://off.road.cc/content/feature/ret ... -good-1422

Not everybody has the money to drop on a new bike every year. There are other threads that show that not everything new is an advantage over the old and that older bikes are a safe place to be when you just want to go for a ride not dressed as a power ranger.

But as its from 2019, its probably out of date already, no longer supported by the manufacturer having been replaced by another article stating how great things were back then.

Or something

Elastomer shock in a 2015 Pinarello Dognma K8 - I wonder what that shock is like 5 years on?

1428011420716-rwm3wg284r44-566eb3d.jpg

In 1998 I could buy a GT Tempest with STX-RC, RS Indy forks and all this for £499. An Orange Clockwork with RST forks came in at £579

Even with inflation, I would get a 'better' bike in 1998 for £400 than I would for the equivalent £708 in todays money.

At least it would have more gears!

Back